1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

After the success of the Forum's recent International Douche Day (white frames), ATrain and myself have discussed another possible pic thread that may prove interesting . . . .

"Signature Sunday".

The premise is that you must choose what you consider to be your own 'signature' frame. In other words, the frame/model that you not only think you suit the most, but also which kinda defines you in terms of your Oakley collection/obsession.

We are talking a very specific pair of Oaks, then, to wear in your pic.

Taking me as an example - OK there's no prizes for guessing my frame of choice (in fact there are no przes at all - haha) but it will be a tricky choice for me to pick out a specific pair/colorway that will fit the above criteria.

I think it will be an interesting insight into our collections - and there will be some really tough decisions to be made, whether you only have 5 pairs or 105 (or more). I also think there might be some surprising choices - where we expect a member to choose one frame, but he/she ends up choosing something else and giving the reason why.

So . . . . if you think you are up for the challenge, then August 19th awaits . . . .

The inaugural "Signature Sunday".

:smile:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Great idea. Easy choice for me though...........:cool:

3. Herbsley

Perhaps the frame might be - but the choice of the specific colorway might prove more tricky?

4. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

easy peasy. Sight's going the with the wee Dogs..and Herbs will be the Jinx. better be the Stussy i sold him. haha! kidding.

but it's not gonna be an easy choice for sure...hmm.

5. Herbsley

Aha - but will O_S go with the Plates instead?

All will be revealed . . . . . .

<adopts gravelly movie-trailer voice>

. . . . . on Signature Sunday.

6. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

im down for this! but H and my choice would be obvious haha

7. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Even when discussing this with Herb, I have been thinking what pair ill be using. Its tough for sure and ive had a head start. I am willing to bet Rust is going with MFrames :)

8. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

or the new frogs

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

That might be a pretty safe bet. The real question is do I go all black, stick with my Livestrong socks, go Pro in black and white, low profile 2.0... hell I have enough time to get something new!

Also a good choice. I don't have a super favorite of those though. The matte clear would be my top choice, but it's just not an everyday pair. The black has grey lenses, maybe if they were polarized it would take top honors. The Texas Tea and Tortoise are fringe pairs.

10. Herbsley

Whichever pair you think 'defines' you.