• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Special Edition 10th Mountain Division Gascan (24-050) - MISSION: Accomplished!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Its a common enough pair that a little patience will be your best bet. Ive been eyeing this (just to finish my military theme shelf) for years. The price has stayed the same and they always seem to pop up. $199 on ebay, $150 private sale is the going rate.

Thanks you for the encouragement, Sir. :hi:

They would carry some significance to me ... not that I have ever been in the Armed Services, ... but many friends that have been in the 10th over the years as their base, Ft. Drum is just over 70 miles due north of me, & have been up there a ton ... as well as the base has a big impact here in the City of Syracuse. I only learned of their existence in Oakley a few months ago, & now only have my sights set on them ... along with other 10thMD stuff like the money clip.

PS: Do you have a/any photos of your SI/Military Collection? I would genuinely like to see it, ... erm, them. :cool:

Some people reacted to this post.
Not quite yet. I just made room to start putting my stuff in a practical order. I have the sideways, fuente, flying tigers, soviets, etc. Not sure what Im going to do yet.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks you for the encouragement, Sir. :hi:

They would carry some significance to me ... not that I have ever been in the Armed Services, ... but many friends that have been in the 10th over the years as their base, Ft. Drum is just over 70 miles due north of me, & have been up there a ton ... as well as the base has a big impact here in the City of Syracuse. I only learned of their existence in Oakley a few months ago, & now only have my sights set on them ... along with other 10thMD stuff like the money clip.

PS: Do you have a/any photos of your SI/Military Collection? I would genuinely like to see it, ... erm, them. :cool:
ft. drum.... omg the memories. lol.
good luck bro.

Patience? Perseverance? More like both alongside the awesome retention OakleyForum has.

Being able to conduct searches that reach back 3+ years is an awesome tool to have at our disposal.

I found this listing from just over two years ago ( For Sale - 10th Mountain Division Gascan | Oakley Forum ), & it seemed to me the glasses never got sold, & after discovering the Member had been inactive for a bit, there was still a Gmail address staring me in the face ... I just had to send a quick note.

I was right! ... & he still had interest in making a deal for them ... over two years later.

Just arriving today from Singapore, I am as thrilled as I could be with them.

(Photo from original sale thread ...)
10thmountain_zpscfquczg5.jpg

Thanks: @ptownphil @MachineHead @the_owl ... &, of course, @OakleyBoss for helping to run a Hell of a site that absolutely lead me to getting my mitts on some O's that I really, really wanted.

:hi:

Congrats, now you need to get your hands on the 10th Mountain holeshot!

Back