• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splurged on Badman... wondering about its future value

7legion77

Oakley Enthusiast
I woke up at 4 AM this morning. I rolled over and checked my phone. I noticed an email form Oakley under Promotions so I idly opened it, to see the new Badman for the first time (I haven't followed this stuff at all). I could not stop thinking about it at work all day; something possessed me and I was convinced that I must have these shades.

I went to the O store straight from work and apparently this was the last pair they had. A guy came in just behind me and had to buy the display which was scratched.

I am likely to wear them almost every day and I am not sure if, over the years, I will be able to keep them in pristine condition.

While I don't intend on ever selling them, I'd like to hear from you Oakley experts/fanatics just how rare/limited/valuable an X-metal really is.

Will the Badman one day be highly sought after? The guy at the store claimed it will appreciate over the years. Was he speaking the truth or was this just sales jargon?

Anyhow... = )

Last edited:
My personal belief is once quantity hits the Badman will be available in the secondary market new and at Vaults for half its current retail or even cheaper. Many of us dont consider this new line to be "true" X-Metals and I would bet cash both the Badman and Madman will be discontinued and within a couple years. I actually had a chance to try them on today and to say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement- I found the $200 Wiretap to be more impressive and better looking.

There are certainly many great folks on this forum that have purchased or plan on purchasing these. I would say that if you like 'em, buy 'em and wear 'em. Wear the heck out of 'em! If it makes you feel awesome to wear them then that's all that matters. It's just a thing man. Things break, they get old. Maybe it'll be worth more than you paid someday, maybe it won't. If you enjoy your glasses then what does that really matter? Totally worth the money for something that makes you happy. Just my $0.02

My personal belief is once quantity hits the Badman will be available in the secondary market new and at Vaults for half its current retail or even cheaper. Many of us dont consider this new line to be "true" X-Metals and I would bet cash both the Badman and Madman will be discontinued and within a couple years. I actually had a chance to try them on today and to say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement- I found the $200 Wiretap to be more impressive and better looking.
Most glasses get discontinued after a few years

Welcome and glad you're enjoying your new pair.

Whether they'll appreciate or depreciate, time will tell, just like with any other pair of Oaks.

But, as others have alluded, the only thing the new mad and badman have in common with original x-metals is the marketing term. But they're still Oaks.

And really, I've said several times before, one shouldn't look at collectibles as an investment. There are plenty of better investments out there. Collect because you love 'em.

Cheers!

Back