• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stealth Monster Dog Question...

I saw those too & my first reaction from his discription was that they were Stealth but wasn't 100% sure if his discription was accurate. Uluahunter if you want to bid & he won't ship to you I'd be happy to get them delivered to me & them forward them on to you. Just PM me if you want any address deltails from me to add to your paypal account for delivery.

I saw those too & my first reaction from his discription was that they were Stealth but wasn't 100% sure if his discription was accurate. Uluahunter if you want to bid & he won't ship to you I'd be happy to get them delivered to me & them forward them on to you. Just PM me if you want any address deltails from me to add to your paypal account for delivery.

Thanks Tony, I appreciate your generous offer to help :thumb:. I don't want to step on any toes or create a bidding war with either you or Marc, if you guys were looking to try and snag these...let me know. If nobody is interested, I'll definitely take a more serious look at possibly picking these up (granted I win). I'm going to PM the seller to see if he can send better close up pics, in better lighting, just to confirm whether or not it's really a Stealth. Will keep you guys in the loop...Mahalo!

Thanks Tony, I appreciate your generous offer to help :thumb:. I don't want to step on any toes or create a bidding war with either you or Marc, if you guys were looking to try and snag these...let me know. If nobody is interested, I'll definitely take a more serious look at possibly picking these up (granted I win). I'm going to PM the seller to see if he can send better close up pics, in better lighting, just to confirm whether or not it's really a Stealth. Will keep you guys in the loop...Mahalo!

I'm not looking to bid as i'm saving for some OTT's & also two in the works with Dr. Chop. You want them then go for it. I'm more than willing to help out.

I'm not looking to bid as i'm saving for some OTT's & also two in the works with Dr. Chop. You want them then go for it. I'm more than willing to help out.

Cool, mahalo! I just received a reply from the seller, with more photos. Still can't really get a good view of the glasses, so I sent him more questions. He did say that there is no "monster dog" stamp on the inside earstem, and that the SKU is missing also.

Which brings me to other questions for you guys...about Cinder Dogs. Did all Cinder's have the SKU # printed on the stem? Were the paint finishes consistent, or were there variances...lighter/darker shades, less/more flakes in different pairs? Was there a factory option for Titanium lenses with the Cinder?

I don't believe my Cinders have a SKU.

Interesting...I have a BNIB pair that are the BI lens version w/SKU on earstem and I have a LN w/Titanium lenses without SKU. Both frames have all the tell tale markings of genuine Dogs...both have double cam hinges...and both are exactly identical in build and dimensions. There doesn't seem to be any factors pointing to the Titanium lens pair being fakes...except for the paint finish. When I take pictures of the frames in the same position, same lighting, same angles, both with flash and using the same camera...the color of the frames definitely show up different in hues. The BI lens pair keeps it's dark deep red color, but the Ti lens pair reveals a much lighter red color (almost maroonish), both still have the sparkle of the flakes in the paint. It just weird and I'm worried that I might've been had with the Ti pair.

Well, the Brighton seller replied to my questions, and it turns out that his frame has some peeling so I think I'm going to pass for now. Who knows, I may end up changing my mind, lol.

Latest Posts

Back