• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Strange problem with a lot of lens

Someone please give this clown some attention he is bagging so desperately for it

479b5536aadc5565bf8a58a4abb501ec.jpg

I recently had this problem with a pair of vintage chanel sunglasses (Bandage 2) in tulum, where the humidity is very high and therefore also one prespires a lot, wich where some of the factors mentioned above.
And it was possible with some special lense cleaning solvent to polish and completely remove the dissolving layer without residue. Luckily for Oakleys its relatively easy to find new lenses compared to other niche or designer brands, where replacement parts were never produced.
But still very exasperating.

I recently had this problem with a pair of vintage chanel sunglasses (Bandage 2) in tulum, where the humidity is very high and therefore also one prespires a lot, wich where some of the factors mentioned above.
And it was possible with some special lense cleaning solvent to polish and completely remove the dissolving layer without residue. Luckily for Oakleys its relatively easy to find new lenses compared to other niche or designer brands, where replacement parts were never produced.
But still very exasperating.
You dont need a special solvent. Duct tape could just easily peel that layer off if it's already starting to peel

I clean my glasses before placing back in my cabinet. And I close my closet door so there's no chance of sunlight/UV rays being reflected towards my glasses somehow.

Back