• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped Torx T6 Screw, Juliets

Good News, the jeweler was able to get the head off of it, Bad news, too bad the body of the screw is in the glasses so tight, using needle nose pliers is just ripping apart the screw and not loosening it at all. At this point I am sure what else to do since this screw does not want to come out of these glasses for the life of it. Here is a picture of the stubborn b%tch.

05rDFhk.jpg

I contacted Oakley on Monday asking if they could provide any repair for them and they said they couldn't but would give me 25% off a new pair of glasses, and what do you know they are selling Black Carbon Juliets. So today, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new pair at 25% off, so a little over $250 with taxes. I haven't been able to find a pair on Ebay for that low in price, but now I can use these extra lenses that I purchased.

wanna sell that frame?
Or do you have to give them back with the new deal.

Last edited:
I am facing the same problem as "amcfarla", the screw is too tight to move with a needle nose plies (even bite off some of the groves) but i still have some part of the head left. What should I do to loosen the screw.

thats what they look like now, they were a carbon set and the orbital looked just like the one posted above
IMG_8219.jpg
IMG_8219.jpg

If there is nothing to hold on to you could drill out the remains of the screw and use a threading tool to clean out the threads. You might need help from a professional at this point...

Latest Posts

Back