• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Switching XS lenses

Thanks for the reminder! I've a new set of BI's to go in my Mars and I'm not relishing that either !

I have only had to remove lenses from an XS once and it was a bit of a challenge. I am weary of forcing things too much (working on microscopes) and not having that much experience with removing/mounting lenses I am not too comfortable with bending them. It always makes me wince when I see the the guy at the opticians pop lenses in and out of a frame.

The XS rim inside the orbital had spacers/ gaskets to prevent the lenses from moving. Maybe these stick to the lense a bit wedging them a in place.

Thanks for the info on that and I will check there's nothing in there next time I swap out.
Cheers

Thanks for the info on that and I will check there's nothing in there next time I swap out.
Cheers
Just to echo @Carrera1963, these were put there during manufacturing. My guess is that this is another evolution in the X Metal line to compensate for the slight manufacturing differences during the casting process.

People have already mentioned using a similar approach with earlier models using tape inside the orbitals to prevent the lenses rattling around.

Just to echo @Carrera1963, these were put there during manufacturing. My guess is that this is another evolution in the X Metal line to compensate for the slight manufacturing differences during the casting process.

People have already mentioned using a similar approach with earlier models using tape inside the orbitals to prevent the lenses rattling around.

Correct.

Yes, I remember previous discussion on this subject. I did not feel around in there and neither did anything fall out but I will check on my next attempt at a swap.

Yes, I remember previous discussion on this subject. I did not feel around in there and neither did anything fall out but I will check on my next attempt at a swap.
It could be they added them as required and yours did not need any. That could invalidate my theory that these make removal a little more difficult LOL.

Latest Posts

Back