• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

T6 screw worn out

BADIK

Oakley Collector
hi guys..

can you heLp me how i am going to take out the screws on these?

this is how it came from seLLer..

thank you..

IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

hi guys..

thank you..

View attachment 1109871

View attachment 1109872

is he based here in UK mate?
Hi

I would have done it but my bloody drill charger is knackered. You need a metal drill bit that is the size of the head of the screw. Drill off the head the, use a pair of snipper pliers on the Shaft of the screw (OOH BETTY)! Twist the screw anti-clockwise until it comes out of the frame.

is he based here in UK mate?

Hi

I would have done it but my bloody drill charger is knackered. You need a metal drill bit that is the size of the head of the screw. Drill off the head the, use a pair of snipper pliers on the Shaft of the screw (OOH BETTY)! Twist the screw anti-clockwise until it comes out of the frame.
hi.. i don’t have the driLL..

can you send me a quote pLease?

thank you..

hi guys..

thank you..

View attachment 1109871

View attachment 1109872
Before you drill it out completely , try a very small straight bladed screwdriver. This has worked for me 2 out of 3 times. Make sure its not a garbage screwdriver though. Good luck !

also try putting a rubber glove over the screw and see if that can help you grip the screw with the driver a bit better.

A couple things to try. Get a good quality fresh driver. Wera makes some of the best I've used for the smaller torx and other various drivers. Get a regular TX6 and also buy an IP6. The I've used my wera drivers to remove many others have stripped without needing to drill. The IP6 is a little bigger than the TX6 and when the regular one wouldnt get it the IP6 has gotten many a stuck and stripped screws out for me without needing to drill them out.

Back