• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TESLA model 3

Look up how long batteries last in an electric car, and what they do to the environment when disposed of. Electric vehicles are not the future, economically or environmentally. Where do you think the electricity to power these vehicles comes from 70% of the time around the world? Coal-fire plants. Coal is a fossil fuel. A dirtier fossil fuel than petroleum.
Do your research batteries has gone far from what they are. They are not ordinary betteries like duracell and such even those has longer life span now than they were used to. Batteries are easily replaced than an engine or transmission and a lot cheaper. Fossil fuel kills the planet in general. If only atleast 10% would use friendly source of energy like solar or electric cars with no emissions it would help. Petrol is a killer and its been proven. It kills economy and it kills they way ones live. Its like black mailing. If oil goes up your oakleys goes up. Imagine if atleast daily drivers would not to rely on petrol geeeeez im sure everything pricing wise will go down.

Do your research batteries has gone far from what they are. They are not ordinary betteries like duracell and such even those has longer life span now than they were used to. Batteries are easily replaced than an engine or transmission and a lot cheaper. Fossil fuel kills the planet in general. If only atleast 10% would use friendly source of energy like solar or electric cars with no emissions it would help. Petrol is a killer and its been proven. It kills economy and it kills they way ones live. Its like black mailing. If oil goes up your oakleys goes up. Imagine if atleast daily drivers would not to rely on petrol geeeeez im sure everything pricing wise will go down.
And maybe oakley will start making awesome frames again not cheap ones you got my point i hope.

Pumping gas or needing a place to plug it in, what's the difference? I want something I can travel more than 215 miles at a time in.

Electricity free in your state? You can afford gas, I've seen your O collection :)
Its cheaper than putting an average of 30 dollars everytime i visit the gas pump. 2 to 3x a week. I can just save that money to buy an overpriced 24k juliet lol.

Its cheaper than putting an average of 30 dollars everytime i visit the gas pump. 2 to 3x a week. I can just save that money to buy an overpriced 24k juliet lol.
Sounds like you need a bigger gas tank ;) Mine hold 36gallons and fill it every couple weeks.

Electric cars do have their advantages - the electricity is cheaper than gas, and the maintenance is MUCH easier and cheaper.

And for most people on most days the range is good enough.

But, if you do run out of juice, you have to deal with charge time. Refilling a tank takes minutes, recharging takes hours. Overnight charging every night will be fine most of the time, but what if something goes wrong, such as a power outage or simply forgetting to hook it to the charger?

There's gas stations on just about every corner (unless you're trying to fill up your rental car before returning it at the airport :rolleyes:) but the infrastructure to support electric cars just isn't there yet. Likely will be someday, but not today. There's not even standardization of charging connectors.

I recall reading about Tesla building a series of charging stations in Cali, I think along the PCH. For those who didn't have time to wait for it to charge, there was to be a service where they quickly swap your battery for a charged one.

I don't live in Cali...

And here in Texas, things are spread out - from Austin, the range wouldn't get me to Dallas or Houston, much less farther destinations. I could get to San Antonio, but why would I want to? :D

Sent from my PC using a novel thought-to-text technology known as fingers and a keyboard

Electric cars do have their advantages - the electricity is cheaper than gas, and the maintenance is MUCH easier and cheaper.

And for most people on most days the range is good enough.

But, if you do run out of juice, you have to deal with charge time. Refilling a tank takes minutes, recharging takes hours. Overnight charging every night will be fine most of the time, but what if something goes wrong, such as a power outage or simply forgetting to hook it to the charger?

There's gas stations on just about every corner (unless you're trying to fill up your rental car before returning it at the airport :rolleyes:) but the infrastructure to support electric cars just isn't there yet. Likely will be someday, but not today. There's not even standardization of charging connectors.

I recall reading about Tesla building a series of charging stations in Cali, I think along the PCH. For those who didn't have time to wait for it to charge, there was to be a service where they quickly swap your battery for a charged one.

I don't live in Cali...

And here in Texas, things are spread out - from Austin, the range wouldn't get me to Dallas or Houston, much less farther destinations. I could get to San Antonio, but why would I want to? :D

Sent from my PC using a novel thought-to-text technology known as fingers and a keyboard
Agreed and dis agreed bro. Super charging will available that will let you charge for only 5 mins as far as i know. And as i said in time charging stations will avail everywhere when it becomes popular and it will.

Latest Posts

Back