• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Jordan OO wire thread

Hi Everyone glad to have found this forum.

I have a pair of these had them such a long time from new. I can;t actually remember at the time of purchase that I knew they were linked to Michael Jordan. I was a big fan of his in the 1990's.

Has anyone had any luck getting replacement lenses for these? The frames are good but the coating on the inside of the blue lenses has started to come off to the point where i'm trying to remove it all as it makes using them hard as it effect how well you can see through them. That said is this coating essential i suspect it is the irridium coating for what ever they called it.

I will look into getting some new socks for them as these are a little untidy round the edges. Are my glasses the ones that need the rootbear socks?

Would love to restore these to their former glory.

Thanks in advance

20160615_001949[1].jpg

20160615_001923[1].jpg

20160615_001803[1].jpg

This is useful as I am looking to get my OO Jordans back to a presentable condition. Mine are blue like Simons but oval so are just standard OOs i think

Hi Simon,

I have used Fuse Lenses for replacement and they fit and work great.

I have a pair of these had them such a long time from new. I can;t actually remember at the time of purchase that I knew they were linked to Michael Jordan. I was a big fan of his in the 1990's.

Has anyone had any luck getting replacement lenses for these? The frames are good but the coating on the inside of the blue lenses has started to come off to the point where i'm trying to remove it all as it makes using them hard as it effect how well you can see through them. That said is this coating essential i suspect it is the irridium coating for what ever they called it.

I will look into getting some new socks for them as these are a little untidy round the edges. Are my glasses the ones that need the rootbear socks?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 257025

View attachment 257026

View attachment 257027

Thanks in advance

View attachment 257025

View attachment 257026

View attachment 257027

I have everything for parts replacement :socks, pads, and screws. No lenses

Whats the official name for the colour of my lenses? Also they are A wire correct?

I may give the fuse people I try or the chap mentioned below. I seem to think the lenses had the name iridium in there but who knows bought these in early 2000 so at least 14 years old now. I might even have the box if i go looking at some stuff i have stored at my parents house. A few years back i was certain i had lost these and almost bought some new Oakley Glasses then they magically turned up as was very happy that day as i have liked these sunglasses.

Regarding the lenses they are still in OK condition a few minor scratches but still going stong for being over 14 years old. The main issues is this film that has started to peel of the rear of the lens. That said the film is almost all off now as it was making them hard to see through i must confse i got to the point of trying to wash it off.

What is the film? is it the iridium coating or what ever it is called? Could i live without the coating? Or does it provide the UV protection?

Back