1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

So, this is a part of the history I'm not up on....I've read that Oakley issued a recall on the 1 because of the lens cracking issue...and I've heard they offered other equivalent pieces to people who sent the 1 back. So is this in fact true and if so how much of an effect has this had on the supply of 1's available now?

And as an aside, if anyone wants to sell me their X Metal R1 (ha ha ha ha) at a fair price, I'm in the market. Cash, cash and trade (Juliet I have for sale, Positive Red Straight Jacket II, all of the above).

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

Several pair on the bay right now

3. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

What are you considering a fair price?

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Based on the comments of others here on the forums, no more than $450. Two X Metal finishes have sold for under $400 in the past week, there's a plasma being offered to me right now for under $400. What comes with it and lens conditon has an effect of course but id just take a very good conditon frame as ling as it had its gaskets and nosepieces

5. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I have seen a pair of two sell in the last couple of weeks for around $380 thats the most I would pay $600 and up is just nuts!!!

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Glad I'm off in left field with my pricing...anyone have thoughts on the recall history?

7. oogie

oogie Oakley Beginner

I don't believe there was any sort of formal recall. However, there was a period of time in which they would offer you any other xmetal in exchange for your R1 - due to the design issue/spider cracks.

8. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

oogie is right. there was no recall. there were something like 150,000 of the x-metal - black colorway made. since they began running out of parts they offered discounts to customers that wanted replacement parts after they discontinued the romeo.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup no official recall afaik. but if you called them asking about a warranty claim on lens cracks they offered a 1for 1 with Xmetal XX and juliets. most went for the 24k XX as it was the most expensive at the time

10. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I feel like your pricing was pretty good! Just sayin I have seen people pat $600 and up for a pair but I guess they just have more cash than me and can pay that price!