• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The X-MAN Customs Corner

yea.....another "refinisher" complained that I was making money off my sticky and he wanted to put his "refinishing services" on a sticky too. Well because of a lot of complaining from this individual boss had to remove it......thats dirty business there....
so next week the x-man will become an annual sponser of the Oakley forum.

yea.....another "refinisher" complained that I was making money off my sticky and he wanted to put his "refinishing services" on a sticky too. Well because of a lot of complaining from this individual boss had to remove it......thats dirty business there....
so next week the x-man will become an annual sponser of the Oakley forum.
Not like we all don't just direct newbies straight to you when they start asking questions about tune-ups or customs. Most of the time they never look at the stickies anyway.

If someone wants to contribute half as much as you have they could be allowed to have a sticky but I'm sure that will probably take about 10 years for them to even reach 25% of what you have done.

It's too bad that some people can't just participate in a little free market competition by good ol' fashioned working hard and earning a reputation and a customer base instead of complaining about what's "fair" and what they "deserve"; life isn't fair, DBs, deal with it...

I guess it's another example of the Entitlement Generation, "if he has it then I'm owed it too, because that's what my mommy and daddy told me..."

But Frank has a good point. Most people don't bother to look at the stickies. Or the rules...

I think @dragonvoi has mentioned he would polish X-Metals for a nominal fee. Maybe PM him and see what he can do with a Timebomb.

oh lawd...I did a couple of pairs and it happened at the busiest time of my home and professional life. takes too much time, but can be done. I think i would rather write-up a how-to, and let the DIY'ers be that and leave everything else to the pros.

BTW. sent you some frames @THE X-MAN should be there sat/mon

oakley.jpg

Kudos to the X-Man! Just got back my X-Metal XX's that I sent him for service to tighten up the nose bridge area which was crazy loose. They came back rock solid and looking great. Thanks X-Man!

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this is still bugging me...

There's been people providing services here for some time, such as x-man, xmetalmaniac, infinitehero, and dr. chop. Not identical services, but there's plenty of overlap. Some have stickies, some do not. Some have independent websites, some do not. Yet all have shared the same space and built up large, loyal customer bases. And they did it without having to crap on each others' businesses.

What's this other guy's malfunction?!?
(that's rhetorical...)

I don't want this to become a "slam discussion" on why, who, or what:punish:. Bottom line was admin made a decision to make an adjustment:bigboss:. If further discussion is necessary, please do so through a PM as to not go off track in this thread. Thanks all...:grin:

@THE X-MAN thanks for what you do here, as you do provide so much to many people.:drinks:

:focus::focus:

Back