• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ti02/Emerald Penny...what's the deal?

MrMoonlight

Oakley Expert
Over in the O-Review database they list a TiO2/Emerald Iridium Penny (SKU 04-133)...but I've never seen a Penny with a TiO2 finish or know of anyone who's owned one. Do any of you fellow metal-heads out there have one?

I saw photos of a nice facsimile done by the X-Man in his customs thread, but I was just curious if anyone owned an original OEM version. They say the X-Metal/Ruby Pennys are the rare ones, but I've seen plenty of those in my travels. No TiO2s yet, though.

Was never produced, but the sku was released. All out there are reassembled from 2 frames or blasted/painted like Xmans.

For all intents and purposes, xmetal pennys are the rare ones. Second runner up is titanium vr28 black... Titanium ice and polished black tie for most common

Just muddy the waters further. How abt the carbon/+ve red penny? Ha! Where does it figure in the rarity rankings?

For all intents and purposes, xmetal pennys are the rare ones. Second runner up is titanium vr28 black... Titanium ice and polished black tie for most common
Funny, I would've thought Copper would be the second runner up...seeing as how they are fetching prices almost as high as the X-Metal ones these days.

Thanks for answering my question, BTW.

Funny, I would've thought Copper would be the second runner up...seeing as how they are fetching prices almost as high as the X-Metal ones these days.

Thanks for answering my question, BTW.
ah crap, forgive me its late. yes, there was 2-3 polished carbon ones made, but there has since been some aftermarket ones in the market too. thats top dog if you include unreleased pairs. copper actually places rarer than xmetal. it totally slipped my mind- stupid, since im looking for one. but out of all the regular releases, xm penny is still the most sought simply due to the number of different markets after it (movie buffs, cosplay community etc)

Is this the one that is hard to find????
Serial: NAL 1029-4
dsc03592q.jpg

dsc03607db.jpg

Attachments

• dsc03592q.jpg
    dsc03592q.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 457
  • dsc03607db.jpg
    dsc03607db.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 380