1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Over in the O-Review database they list a TiO2/Emerald Iridium Penny (SKU 04-133)...but I've never seen a Penny with a TiO2 finish or know of anyone who's owned one. Do any of you fellow metal-heads out there have one?

I saw photos of a nice facsimile done by the X-Man in his customs thread, but I was just curious if anyone owned an original OEM version. They say the X-Metal/Ruby Pennys are the rare ones, but I've seen plenty of those in my travels. No TiO2s yet, though.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Was never produced, but the sku was released. All out there are reassembled from 2 frames or blasted/painted like Xmans.

For all intents and purposes, xmetal pennys are the rare ones. Second runner up is titanium vr28 black... Titanium ice and polished black tie for most common

3. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

Just muddy the waters further. How abt the carbon/+ve red penny? Ha! Where does it figure in the rarity rankings?

4. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Funny, I would've thought Copper would be the second runner up...seeing as how they are fetching prices almost as high as the X-Metal ones these days.

Thanks for answering my question, BTW.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ah crap, forgive me its late. yes, there was 2-3 polished carbon ones made, but there has since been some aftermarket ones in the market too. thats top dog if you include unreleased pairs. copper actually places rarer than xmetal. it totally slipped my mind- stupid, since im looking for one. but out of all the regular releases, xm penny is still the most sought simply due to the number of different markets after it (movie buffs, cosplay community etc)

6. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

BriP off his game? I'm stunned. Ha! I have seen pics of the carbon pos red penny, absolutely stunning.

BriP and kennethekotto like this.
  7. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

Interesting. I might have to make this a project at some point.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Its been done for sure. Just slap a titanium and an xmetal penny together.. Or i guess the cheaper method would be to blast finish a titanium penny. Definitely looks cool, but i'm pretty focused on th copper hunt

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Haha i pulled it together in the end. Usually i'd realise the next morning and go edit my posts..heh

10. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Is this the one that is hard to find????
    Serial: NAL 1029-4
    Ti02/Emerald Penny...what's the deal? - dsc03592q.jpg
    Ti02/Emerald Penny...what's the deal? - dsc03607db.jpg

Attached Files:

junmarketer likes this.