• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying To Tell If An Ebay Seller Is Selling Fake Frogskins.

Hello everybody has anyone had experience with a seller named weivus9 selling frogskins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see that there are a lot of fakes on ebay. I was told other websites like amazon sell fakes as well. I found a pair on 6pm, but they are not black and I just don't know about those bright colored frames. I'm going to use them for fishing and driving so I have to have the gray lenses. The ones I saw that are on 6pm have red lenses and I heard those aren't so good for sports or driving. Yep those lenses definitely do kinda make me wonder. Most legit sellers take pics of the 'polarized' on the lens, I was skeptical but I should have known better.
If you decide to get the ones from 6pm here is a 15% off code: 6PMCN327141517 (good today only)

I've bought plenty of Oakleys from there - they are legit, and ship fast too

jrd5497 Thank you! 6pm is my favorite discount site. I ordered the Acid frogskins in blue with red iridium polarized and they are so inexpensive on this site it's ridiculous. They get new inventory in often too and with the coupon code you can't beat it. Better than taking a chance bidding on some that may very well be fakes. Sign up for their email if you haven't yet they will send you 10% off codes as well. I'm looking forward to getting these. I hear Oakley has very high quality lenses.

Thanks again everybody! I've always wanted to start an Oakley collection. Everyone I know that owns Oakleys loves theirs and raves about the quality of the lenses. Having a forum with cool people that help each other out is even better!

Welcome RaceyRenee :)

I think the others already touched on the main points here:

1) There are fakes out there, buyer beware. I can speak from the perspective of X-Metals as I've encountered multiple eBay 'Sellers' (thieves) over the years. Though the X-Metals are not as common as some of the others - metal is generally more difficult to counterfeit than plastic, but anything can be forged if a nefarious individual puts their mind to it.

2) There are custom parts, such as frames, and not just for Frogskins, but other products Oakley makes/has_made, such as the OCP products. Those will generally not have a part/SKU#, but are indeed genuine.

3) Spend some quality time at your local O-Store and/or Vault and get to know the products you are interested in. Not just what they look like, but the weight, the feel, the way the hinges move. There are more tell tale signs than just the color of a frame being a bit off or an odd colored O-logo.

4) Know you there are good folks here to provide guidance, answer questions, and offer the occasional sanity
check - we all need that from time to time.

5) We do have a very good marketplace here on the forum. You might not always find the lowest price, but in my experience I have had the most accurate and honest descriptions of merchandise here than on any other forum. I'm not just talking eBay or the discount sites, but car forums, other boards - good folks here in these parts. I have been dealing almost exclusively in Oakley stuff here for almost a year and have never had a problem. Compare that to the eBay headaches and well, there's really no comparison!

Happy Friday!

Got them in the mail yesterday boy are these babies sweeet!! Bad thing is they have the plastic screws unlike the vintage ones. But the lens clarity is superb they blow my cheapos out of the water. Now on to another style that is similar to the forsake. Don't see them on oakleys website but I have found a pair that looks almost identical. I'm glad to have found this forum!!

Back