1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Went to my local O-store today, they had a Union Jack and an Old Glory in the display case. They had at least two of each. What happened to this being a limited run, select stores, etc? Bit of a bummer as I thought these would stay cool because of their exclusivity.

As a followup, should I buy the Union Jacks? I don't know if they are still $200 like they were during the Olympics.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sander

sander Oakley Enthusiast

I could imagine that left over pairs would get shipped to other stores. Or said store ordered them knowing there were some left.
    Maybe the pairs are returned items from customers who didn't need them. I returned a pair, that I bought in NYC in a mall that hasn't gotten then to start. Seeing the faces of the employees when I returned them, was priceless! :)

3. faxmanjazz

faxmanjazz Oakley Enthusiast

i need a union jack

4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I know for a fact that the San Francisco store originally got 5 of the Union Jacks. They weren't supposed to get any, but they started a waiting list for them, sent the list in to corporate, and it was fulfilled. I was able to score the last one they got :smile: I haven't seen any since then. I'm very surprised that your store had any.

And yes, you should definitely buy the Union Jack. Unless you hate Brits or something :laugh:

5. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

I believe the pick up would be worth your time, I was in Vegas and they had 2 pairs at the Vault... They are popping up here and there randomly...

6. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

Oh, just curious Del when was this? Guess I really need to stop by my local vault soon....

7. brookiewook

brookiewook Oakley Beginner

702, no more bro. We got in 8 each of these, Union and Old, but they flew out. Still $200 each.

8. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

oh wow, was hoping they would be discounted as well, do you guys still have the Van Ness in stock?

9. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

BJ, your killing my marketing strategy... Now he has no need to stop by...lol

10. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Remember that there are a ton of SAMPLE pairs out there as well.