• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value of Oakley watches

Oakley watches were some of the best looking cheap timepieces out there.

I think this is the important point. For a full titanium timepiece....with even a titanium bracelet...with the unique styling Oakley had they were in a league of their own IMO. That’s why Oakley fans are still paying such a high percentage of retail for Oakley’s timepieces.

The higher end watch collectors in general do not seem to enjoy the Oakley styling however and it has not caught on with them. Plus Oakley timepieces do not have the substance to motivate them to take an interest. Oakley doesn’t do a lot of fancy automatic movements, does not invest R&D into their movements, does not have the historical pedigree, does not have the sponsorship or crazy stories to show function and durarability such as James Cameron going to the depths of Mariana’a Trench with a modified Rolex Sea Dweller strapped to the outside of his Submarine...basically the type of stuff that makes Oakley eyewear a step above the competition. Too bad since despite all that, I think Oakley watches are really cool and deserving of attention.

See anything special?
2AD4A824-A9F2-4FBA-A32D-30EC32977CF1.png

I think this is the important point. For a full titanium timepiece....with even a titanium bracelet...with the unique styling Oakley had they were in a league of their own IMO. That’s why Oakley fans are still paying such a high percentage of retail for Oakley’s timepieces.

The higher end watch collectors in general do not seem to enjoy the Oakley styling however and it has not caught on with them. Plus Oakley timepieces do not have the substance to motivate them to take an interest. Oakley doesn’t do a lot of fancy automatic movements, does not invest R&D into their movements, does not have the historical pedigree, does not have the sponsorship or crazy stories to show function and durarability such as James Cameron going to the depths of Mariana’a Trench with a modified Rolex strapped to the outside of his Submariner....basically the type of stuff that makes Oakley eyewear a step above the competition. Too bad since despite all that, I think Oakley watches are really cool and deserving of attention.
i guarantee if we both went somewhere my Oakley watch would garnish more attention than a watch named after a hero sandwich

Yea that is a definite. The non watch enthusiast will definitely notice and be impressed with a TT or HP above a Submariner. The watch enthusiast on the other hand will probably notice and appreciate the Submariner more.

See anything special? View attachment 564655

i guarantee if we both went somewhere my Oakley watch would garnish more attention than a watch named after a hero sandwich

I couldn’t agree more. There is something timeless about a Rolex. Not this particular one, though. But as far as badassery you won’t find a cooler watch than an Oakley one.

Oh and my Red MM or Blue MM get compliments almost every time I wear them. If I had a Rolex, more people would ask if it was “Real” or not.

I couldn’t agree more. There is something timeless about a Rolex. Not this particular one, though. But as far as badassery you won’t find a cooler watch than an Oakley one.

Oh and my Red MM or Blue MM get compliments almost every time I wear them. If I had a Rolex, more people would ask if it was “Real” or not.

Submariner Bluesy here and I can confirm, the "is it real?" comments are quite annoying. I rarely wear the watch anymore and prefer my Tudor now instead.

I will say that Oakley watches are awesome, but they lack some of the finer finishing. For watches, the value is in the details. These details can be: tolerances of lugs + bracelet, bezel actuation, movement accuracy, balance bridges, finishing of movement, finishing of hands, exotic materials, etc.

Oakley watches have their place, however, and in my opinion should be appreciated more.

I totally agree with the last several comments... I usually align myself with the side that prioritizes functionality but I just love the edgy designs of most of the Oakley watch line

Back