• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hey everyone! What is the current value of these? I am not sure of the exact name, so if anyone could help out with that it would be appreciated. I know they are limited edition (forgot the #) but that is about all I know. Purchased them when I went to the 2015 US OPEN this year :tongue:

View attachment 175514

View attachment 175515

View attachment 175516

View attachment 175517

View attachment 175518

View attachment 175519
You would have Better off selling them a while ago, carbon blade has really taken a beating in price the last few months. I know your is limited ! but to give you an idea guy on this forum is selling brand new ones for 200 right now

Thanks for the info.

I am not looking to make money off them, I just want them to get to another collector that can appreciate them more then I can right now.

And not to sure if I would break up the "set" but just out of curiosity, what would the value be on each piece separately ?

@bigez The only answers you are going to get are opinions, because this is a limited production item with no recent sales that are directly comparable to set a fair market price. It's just worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay.

If you decide to split the set and sell just the bag & case, please give me a shot at them (after you have earned access to the exchange section ;)).

Thanks for the info.

I am not looking to make money off them, I just want them to get to another collector that can appreciate them more then I can right now.

And not to sure if I would break up the "set" but just out of curiosity, what would the value be on each piece separately ?
separately? Like separating the sunglasses from the box, bag and case? That would be a death sentence in my opinion.

That pair is very unique and should be treated that way....complete is the way to go....

These are worth more than the normal Carbon Blades but worth is exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. Will you get what you paid for them right now? no. sorry.

separately? Like separating the sunglasses from the box, bag and case? That would be a death sentence in my opinion.

That pair is very unique and should be treated that way....complete is the way to go....

These are worth more than the normal Carbon Blades but worth is exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. Will you get what you paid for them right now? no. sorry.
I agree with Frank, keep it complete for a sale . They do have more value then reg pair. The fact that lenses are etched,the box ,case and bag make it a very cool item I am going to give a Rough estimate and say around 400-450 If buyer avid golfer maybe more, if no interest less. That's just my 2 cents thow.

That is just crazy to me. How is it possible that a brand new pair of sunglasses, retailed at either almost 5 or 6 hundred (I forget the price) will lose that much money? Especially as a "limited edition collectors item". I guess I am just new to the Oakley game and have to figure it out! I do appreciate the help and comments :bigboss:

That is just crazy to me. How is it possible that a brand new pair of sunglasses, retailed at either almost 5 or 6 hundred (I forget the price) will lose that much money? Especially as a "limited edition collectors item". I guess I am just new to the Oakley game and have to figure it out! I do appreciate the help and comments :bigboss:
Here is a perfect example.

Brand new pairs that came out this year.....retail for $400...... people aren't willing to pay $250 for them because they ......well....they aren't exactly desirable to certain people.

But you have another pair that also retailed for around $200-$300 and now it sells for $800 easy.

There is another pair that retailed for $4000.00 and now you are lucky if you can get it for less than $7000.00

yep in my corner of collecting, the initial price does not affect the value of the item but how it was affected by the masses. my most expensive pair are initial release xmetals from $275 MSRP they went down to $50 sidewalk sales and extremely cheap because of a flaw in the design. people were buying them to turn in for warranty! taking them off the market made them rare and the actual numbers that are out there is unknown. if i decide to sell mine, bo one here will think twice of paying $1500+ for 'em. on the other hand, there are $350 pairs (halfX)from the same line that no one in their right mind would jump on for more than $250.

It's the whole "collectors" thing - an item that's mint and complete will all the packaging is always the rarest and most desired, and many "serious" collectors will only invest in items like that. Once it's used and/or missing some of the original packaging it drops to a completely different tier of collectibles, much lower.

It's not just an Oakley thing - look at collectible toys, for example, such as original Star Wars action figures. One that's still in unopened packaging is far more valuable than one that some kid once stuck up his anüs...

It's the whole "collectors" thing - an item that's mint and complete will all the packaging is always the rarest and most desired, and many "serious" collectors will only invest in items like that. Once it's used and/or missing some of the original packaging it drops to a completely different tier of collectibles, much lower.

It's not just an Oakley thing - look at collectible toys, for example, such as original Star Wars action figures. One that's still in unopened packaging is far more valuable than one that some kid once stuck up his ****...

Latest Posts

Back