1. Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    gone.

Last edited by a moderator: 2/11/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Nobody wants to trade for my box of a case that's worth more for a box of a case that's worth less?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Me ,some time ago.............

Rating:
    100%
    Probably because that's not a vintage box! The original box being in Black, which came in the ergonomic card.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Is it not a box belonging to the 07-019 X-Metal Vault? It's a different version of a box (as we all know Oakley constantly changes their style of boxes causing many specific model numbers to have multiple versions of boxes through their history) that belongs to a X-Metal Vault which is now classified as vintage by most. Any box attached to a vintage 07-019 Vault would then be a vintage box, no? You can say it's not the earliest colorway of the box, but it's still a vintage box. Unless it's not real, haha, in which case, someone please let me know because as far as I know it's an Oakley 07-019 box.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous X-Metalhead

Rating:
    100%
    those white boxes are still a current issue box. many current pairs are still sold in those boxes, including the Radar etc. the black cardboard box on the other hand dates back to the 1990's. now THOSE are rare.

thats why its hard to find anyone that will do that trade..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Juliet Enthusiast

Rating:
    100%
    I know the label states "X Metal Vault" but the actual Vault isn't an X Metal Vault. That Vault would be larger with the X Metal logo on the lid. Am I missing something here?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous X-Metalhead

Rating:
    100%
    yes, the white box he has (first picture) id for the Xmetal vault you are thinking of. the black box he wants (second pic) is for a metal vault with the O symbol on it, medium size. The Xmetal labelled one is a large.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous X-Metalhead

Rating:
    100%
    yes, the white box he has (first picture) is for the Xmetal vault you are thinking of. the black box he wants (second pic) is for a metal vault with the O symbol on it, medium size. The Xmetal labelled one is a large.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Juliet Enthusiast

Rating:
    100%
    Ah..... I see.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Should I stop considering the 07-019 vault itself vintage then? If the case was still available during the time when Oakley switched to the white boxes (which is not old enough for some), and the box is not old enough, then the end date of the case is not old enough.

It just depends how people see it I guess. Would 1st gen M Frame's and Frog's in the corrugated box be considered any less vintage than 1st gen M Frame's and Frogs in clear boxes (for models that existed in both box versions)? I suppose some people can view it like that, instead of 1st gen's just being 1st gen's throughout the entire run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.