• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Vintage 07-019 X-Metal Vault Box W/Barcode

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

gone.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Nobody wants to trade for my box of a case that's worth more for a box of a case that's worth less?

Probably because that's not a vintage box! The original box being in Black, which came in the ergonomic card.

Is it not a box belonging to the 07-019 X-Metal Vault? It's a different version of a box (as we all know Oakley constantly changes their style of boxes causing many specific model numbers to have multiple versions of boxes through their history) that belongs to a X-Metal Vault which is now classified as vintage by most. Any box attached to a vintage 07-019 Vault would then be a vintage box, no? You can say it's not the earliest colorway of the box, but it's still a vintage box. Unless it's not real, haha, in which case, someone please let me know because as far as I know it's an Oakley 07-019 box.

Username Hidden said:
Is it not a box belonging to the 07-019 X-Metal Vault? It's a different version of a box (as we all know Oakley constantly changes their style of boxes causing many specific model numbers to have multiple versions of boxes through their history) that belongs to a X-Metal Vault which is now classified as vintage by most. Any box attached to a vintage 07-019 Vault would then be a vintage box, no? You can say it's not the earliest colorway of the box, but it's still a vintage box. Unless it's not real, haha, in which case, someone please let me know because as far as I know it's an Oakley 07-019 box.

those white boxes are still a current issue box. many current pairs are still sold in those boxes, including the Radar etc. the black cardboard box on the other hand dates back to the 1990's. now THOSE are rare.

thats why its hard to find anyone that will do that trade..

I know the label states "X Metal Vault" but the actual Vault isn't an X Metal Vault. That Vault would be larger with the X Metal logo on the lid. Am I missing something here?

Username Hidden said:
I know the label states "X Metal Vault" but the actual Vault isn't an X Metal Vault. That Vault would be larger with the X Metal logo on the lid. Am I missing something here?

yes, the white box he has (first picture) id for the Xmetal vault you are thinking of. the black box he wants (second pic) is for a metal vault with the O symbol on it, medium size. The Xmetal labelled one is a large.

Username Hidden said:

yes, the white box he has (first picture) is for the Xmetal vault you are thinking of. the black box he wants (second pic) is for a metal vault with the O symbol on it, medium size. The Xmetal labelled one is a large.

Ah..... I see.....

Should I stop considering the 07-019 vault itself vintage then? If the case was still available during the time when Oakley switched to the white boxes (which is not old enough for some), and the box is not old enough, then the end date of the case is not old enough.

It just depends how people see it I guess. Would 1st gen M Frame's and Frog's in the corrugated box be considered any less vintage than 1st gen M Frame's and Frogs in clear boxes (for models that existed in both box versions)? I suppose some people can view it like that, instead of 1st gen's just being 1st gen's throughout the entire run.

Status
Not open for further replies.