1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

So, I just picked up a pair of 1999 Juliets, x-metal frames with black iridium lenses. they were a display piece, and are in like-new condition. serial #J122184. Paid $300. I looked at the Vault in Monroe, OH and they have them same ones (newer model w/o serial) for $325. Are the serialized ones valuable enough to sell and pick up new ones w/o a serial for a profit, or should I just stick with what I have?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

Juliet - X Metal - Black 04-110 originated from the late 1990's but remained available until early '06, so your serial into the 122 thousands is well into the life of the glass. The value will depend on the condition, if complete, box condition, and if the serial matches the label. The newer model without serial is one of the '09 releases, 04-146, in the revamped boxes, and was in circulation for a short time only, and likely fewer in number than it's earlier counterpart. With your choices I would personally opt for the pair in the best condition in it's completest form. Personally I have the 09 pair, which was a surprising struggle to find and had little, if any, retail presence in the UK.

3. dcl10

dcl10 Oakley Beginner

The value a serial adds is relatively minor, maybe $20, but you'll see a lot of overlap on ebay so that even in the same condition a non serialed pair might go for more depending on the day.

4. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

So, do all of the Juliet coins say "1999" since that's the year the Juliet model was released? or are the coins specific to the year of production?

5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Only the original coins before the 2006 packaging redesign

6. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

A pic of the coin and packaging diff would be appreciated :)

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

a quick google is pretty handy for large scale production items like that..

8. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

$300 is alot even for serialed frames, unless they were the ichiro, finito, browns, x serial or such, that was too much to invest....

9. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

This thread got we wondering what the serial on my old Juliets is.. J058636 purchased in 2001