• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WATCH This!

Aqua Terra requires 2 barrels to achieve 70 hour power reserve. The MT5612 does 70 hour power reserve with 1 barrel, if I'm not mistaken. The MT5612 also has a free sprung balance wheel.

I will say the Omega has better finishing due to rhodium plating and cotes de geneve, but since I can't see the movement to me it doesn't matter much. I believe both movements are COSC certified and have silicon hairsprings, but the MT5612 has been frequently reporting accuracy of under 1 second a day, which is insane for an automatic movement. The winding of the MT5612 is BUTTER - it's honestly so smooth I didn't even realize I was winding the movement.

Great info. And I would agree there. Def a watch I need to try out In person to appreciate

Fair enough but how does it stack up. Looks are one thing, but I’m mainly into endurance and lasting ability. **** if it’s just for looks I’d go with Panera’s open escape backs on their special edition luminors
After hiding a really roughly finished movement behind a steel caseback in a limited edition, I’m not sure I’d trust Panerai on that front. And anyone who calls them PAMs should be locked into a darkened room until they get over themselves....

I agree that performance is much more important than how a movement looks though.

How do they stack to big brother Rolex?

The 3135 is hard to compare to. If we look at technical aspects alone, then the MT5612 blows the 3135 out of the water. Rolex is putting a new movement into the submariners soon though due to this. However, 3135 has also withstood the test of time - working reliably in countless Rolex watches for decades upon decades without ever being serviced. Only time is going to tell how reliable the MT5612 is going to be.

The 3135 is hard to compare to. If we look at technical aspects alone, then the MT5612 blows the 3135 out of the water. Rolex is putting a new movement into the submariners soon though due to this. However, 3135 has also withstood the test of time - working reliably in countless Rolex watches for decades upon decades without ever being serviced. Only time is going to tell how reliable the MT5612 is going to be.

Right. That’s the most important aspect.

After hiding a really roughly finished movement behind a steel caseback in a limited edition, I’m not sure I’d trust Panerai on that front. And anyone who calls them PAMs should be locked into a darkened room until they get over themselves....

I agree that performance is much more important than how a movement looks though.

I like the sandwich dial. Sue me LOL. I wouldn’t pay for one, unless one of my friends shipped me one. I’ll stick with Breitling, Rolex, Omega for now

Look at the way that thing glows. Very nice pick up. I know u have been talking about it for a while now. Congrats to I bro. I’m still saving my pennies for that special piece though.

And if the ridiculous lume wasn’t enough, check out the trick clasp. Expands as your wrist swells up:

All watches should have something like this. Genius.

Look at the way that thing glows. Very nice pick up. I know u have been talking about it for a while now. Congrats to I bro. I’m still saving my pennies for that special piece though.

All watches should have something like this. Genius.

It can probably be used as a torch, haha. It’ll last the entire night pretty vividly too!

And agreed, that clasp needs to be on more watches.

Captain America in Mexico

7F0AEE9C-98D0-4F49-92B1-670F5F52EB19.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back