• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

8b1381de4501b9af67951a9eb9a11483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jmo65

Thanks, man. I bought it about 10 years ago, but for the most part it sits in a safe deposit box, lol. I'm really wanting Royal Oak Offshore. It will be a little bit before I get one though. Got too many irons in the fire right now.

The solar powered watches, like the Citizen Eco Drive, also don't need batteries. And their power reserves are usually at least 30X more than automatic mechanicals, which they don't even need to use unless they're stored in a dark place like a drawer (or Frank's Oakley undies)...
Somebody say Citizen Eco-Drive? I haven't worn this watch in 3-4 weeks, put it back in its box, and it still has 3/4 power reserve. And every night b/w 12-2am, it syncs with the atomic clock. Love this watch.

My Limited Edition... Today's wearer:

a02fbda9a8f2d69ca434b3e2fd5c9f65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Somebody say Citizen Eco-Drive? I haven't worn this watch in 3-4 weeks, put it back in its box, and it still has 3/4 power reserve. And every night b/w 12-2am, it syncs with the atomic clock. Love this watch.

My Limited Edition... Today's wearer:

a02fbda9a8f2d69ca434b3e2fd5c9f65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice...

I have four Eco-Drives but only one does the atomic sync. It's great; synced to the fraction of a second on a daily basis, I trust its accuracy over any of my other watches or clocks, including my phone.

I originally posted about mine here:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/watch-this.4087/page-14#post-429581

The solar powered watches, like the Citizen Eco Drive, also don't need batteries. And their power reserves are usually at least 30X more than automatic mechanicals, which they don't even need to use unless they're stored in a dark place like a drawer (or Frank's Oakley undies)...
I have a Seiko Astron solar watch that I bought years ago. Mine has gotten to the point that it will only charge up to 50%. My lithium battery will need to be replaced. These solar watches do in fact need a battery.

Latest Posts

Back