1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If there was one design, series, pair, etc that defined Frogskins what would it be?

Essential to every collection, defines the lineage, exemplifies the style.

Not a holy grail, not the rarest, not your personal favorite per se. It could be a simple black frame, white logos, grey lens if you think that is the heart of the beast. Gen 1 originals through current.

In my mind I think of the Jupiter Camo pair, but I'm not well versed in Frogs.

I'm curious as to whether there's going to be any sort of consensus.

Edit: Oh and post pics!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Neon Yellow/Fire. These were the only pair that catch the craziness and nostalgia feel that these were meant for. Plus it was an original colorway when they were released and they aren't too terribly hard to find.

What Is *THE* Quintessential Frogskins? - 5727313701_40903aa2ff.jpg

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Would that be fire, or orange iridium?

I didn't think fire dated back to Gen1 Frogs.

Edit: and I see the Gen1 of that pic has grey.

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Sorry it was Orange Iridium in the Gen 1/Gen 2 then became Fire in the re-release.

5. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

One design that defined the Frogskins: 3rd generation. Model more suited to plastic hinge, better construction than predecessors, far more variety, rarity, collector appeal and fun.
    One series that defined the Frogskins: Fade. Some other strong alternative options could include Acid Tortoise, PSJ, Supreme, Blacklight, and Summit.
    One pair that defined the Frogskins: Blends. The brain blowing array of colours coupled with the Fire lens personifies the Frogskin vibrancy more that any other pair, in spades!
    Essential to every collection: Acid Tortoise Green - Emerald, outstanding frame and lens combination, easy to find, inexpensive, a raucous network of luminous green insanity!

6. oogie

oogie Oakley Beginner

Clear w Violet. I believe it is the top selling Froggie colorway of all time.

7. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

8. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Interesting, I would never have thought this was the top seller, I would have gone with Polished Black w/ Grey or Matte Black w/ Violet.

9. bike7

bike7 Oakley Beginner

the shaun white 24k seems pretty classic to me.

10. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

i think i may agree with Bats and say that the Neon Yellow/Fire to me, was the main colourway that most went crazy for. still commands a high price for a regular release pair for sure.