• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

I'm not opposed to multiple threads but they all have the same content and ask the same questions. It's not even like you need a search string to dig them out; they're recent enough to be on the first page or two of the thread lists. One can't even look at the first page of threads to see if one's topic is covered before posting a new thread?!?

Make the search mandatory before a new post is confirmed, similar to 'what's trending' ... if "X[-Metal}" has been posted in the title in the last Y minutes then show Z splash screen and route the post submission to the [advanced]?] search function where it returns the same detail as they were just about to post - this can be done, I do it at work all day long ;)

Now that's a plan; I'll join you...
I'm done for the night... with the Bushmills
Switched to Remy 1738 for now... and I'm on the east coast - its 0255 ET - looking like an all-nighter... hmmm... I wonder what's next?

So when I looked at the title of this thread - before I got distracted by the mad and bad man-things... I had two things that 'grind' on my mind:
1) People who throw cig butts out their car windows, especially on the drive into work. I've seen at least 1 every day this week :mad:
and
2) Tesla's earnings call - the nerve! :p

No-one is forcing people to read every thread though. I don't really understand the vehemence of the responses to another Mad/Badman thread being posted.

It's new, something Oakley are putting in an iconic line (even if we don't all agree) - can't we let people be a little bit excited? It might be the most momentous thing in their Oakley collecting "careers", and it may soon fade to a low background hum as we saw with the Carbon Blades.

And when a relatively new member posts a genuinely (slightly) different take on a Mad/Badman question and gets somewhat off responses, I think it's a bit much. Maybe just read those Mad/Badman threads over a certain number of responses, or avoid them altogether?
You are right....but like @kronin323 said.... they are all pretty much the same....and it's not like the other threads are old.....they have recently been responded to.

Seeing 8 threads on the same thing is pretty redundant but if people wanna start threads then they can start threads. ;)

What annoys me about all the Madman/Badman threads is that a search isn't even required just opening the area you plan to post the thread in and you can see 5 other threads about the same thing right there, on the first page!!!!!!!!!!!

I can understand member not searching through all the threads in the last 3 years to see if a specific question has been asked but this is getting pretty ridiculous!!!!

Yep. I use Tapatalk so first 7 or 8 threads are the same crap. Good job u wasted money ;-)

Back