• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Is there anyone out there who has managed to pull off wearing the MadMan without it looking like it's sliding off their faces?
There is a bit of optical illusion I've noticed with them, different angles yield various angles and degrees of comfort. I've noticed they look a bit 'off', a little sideways at times? The fit itself might be part of it since it does not really have the 3-point thing going on - at lest not very well IMO. Add that to the fact that I don't get enough eye coverage to feel like they are actually on, as though I am not wearing them properly and... so even though they are not actually falling off of my face I kind of feel like they are, which makes me think they are even more, in part because I am not very comfortable with the fit in the first place.

Edit: I think maybe the poor fit looking through them is also seen to some extent looking AT them, so they may appear to be falling off due to the poor fit?

Also a couple of those frames have nose bridges that are difficult to spot if you are not looking for and/or expecting it, which I also found confusing at first, as I tried them all on. It looked like three of the pairs - the plasma/fire and the carbon with ruby and prizm IIRC, had this issue. I am sure that is the kind of thing one would get used to over time, but one would think they would spend their time wearing sunglasses that served their purpose as let's see - SUNGLASSES - in the first place, not these, not the Madman - maybe for halloween or a costume party, but not to protect your eyes.

Last edited:
So bad news guys, at least on my end. Got diagnosed with Lyme disease again yesterday after feeling ****ty for the last few weeks... Looks like I probably will be missing out on this event now... Uhg and I would of bought that tukami madman too given the chance...
Saying that, I hope the rest going enjoy the event immensely. I will be thinking of you guys very very jealous! And it looks like V2oak your going to need to bring one of your amazing Mars instead of me haha.
Not for nothing.....this is where things about this "country" do get me upset sometimes. I have a buddy who "had" Lyme disease and he was here from his country for years when he was diagnosed.....doctors say that he SOL.......He goes back to his country and they are willing to do treatments there that are NOT approved over here......guess what? He says he is no longer suffering from Lyme disease and has no more issues.
WHY??????
The thought is that in other countries they would rather cure you and try to keep you healthy.
Here why bother curing you when they can feed off of you by "treating" you forever like leeches.
UGH.
This should be in the "grinds my gears" thread.
I'm gonna copy it there now too.

I KNOW how to copy, Frank. There is only room for one Mr. Font.
I knew that you did....I was just playing.....

I NEVER want to be "Mr. Font"!

Speaking of playing.........ummmmmm......how....is.....well......how do I put this........

Latest Posts

Back