• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

What's wrong with this picture?!?

View attachment 130969
uploadfromtaptalk1424056699209.png

You mean the way it traveled back and forth across the country? I don't see anything else wrong with it. ;)

Tx -- Ny -- Ca ?

Pretty straightforward to me :p

Yeah... y'all don't have the full story from that pic - I know the "hub" organization of flights often makes illogical courses the most economical; had to fly a number of them myself. And as long as it gets here on time, I don't really care. But I've had plenty of stuff shipped from CA and it's never gone through NY. This was shipped on the 11th with 2 day priority shipping. And two days later it arrives in... NY. D'oh!

Appears like some sorting guy in CA has trouble distinguishing between TX and NY. Reminds me of a football kicker, "you've got one job, kick the ball through the uprights!". SLA, wide right...

LeQ, yours is "first" class shipping, meaning they can take as long as they want to ship the most indirect, cheapest route they want, and just SWAG an arrival date - not sure if yours is a f*ckup or just SOP. That does seem damn inefficient, but at least you're still "on-time" while they had to mark mine as "delayed..."

The silver lining is at least once it arrived in NY they were able to figure out it was supposed to go to TX, instead of showing up in a NY-based ebay listing...

And yeah, I know, 1st world problems... :D

But it's a good thing this wasn't a heart transplant or something...:confused:

I know, that mine is whatever shipping, but damn. They could have let it sit in Jacksonville for the weekend. I think this is a screw up. I usually get stuff from Memphis in 3 days via first class. I think this federal holiday just threw stuff all out of whack.

And @kronin323, I can attest that the first class can take the long way... I mailed myself a large heavy package from Atlanta and it took nearly a week to get to me. I also mailed a first class package from Tallahassee to Atlanta and it took nearly a week to get there. I was just glad I allowed that much time for delivery. Most of the time, I get stuff from Atlanta to here in 2 maybe 3 days max.

And the large packages were routed through Memphis.

And @kronin323, I can attest that the first class can take the long way... I mailed myself a large heavy package from Atlanta and it took nearly a week to get to me. I also mailed a first class package from Tallahassee to Atlanta and it took nearly a week to get there. I was just glad I allowed that much time for delivery. Most of the time, I get stuff from Atlanta to here in 2 maybe 3 days max.

And the large packages were routed through Memphis.

Lol I know you meant "mailed myself" as from different point "A"s and point "B"s but it just gave me the funny mental image of you insanely mailing something from point A back to the same point A and watching it route through Atlanta to get there haha... :D

Lol I know you meant "mailed myself" as from different point "A"s and point "B"s but it just gave me the funny mental image of you insanely mailing something from point A back to the same point A and watching it route through Atlanta to get there haha... :D
Mr Font, now my head is spinning Hahahahahahaha!

Back