• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

People in the way. Whether it be walking, driving, standing, whatever. Don't stop/impede others from getting somewhere just because you're an asshat. Walk/drive straight at an acceptable speed or move to the f*cking side! And use your turn signals!

I hate it when folks just block everything, impeding the flow

Got the call last night that my overtime was canceled. Awesome! 3 day weekend and a chance to mow the lawn before it rains!

And then the mower cracks a cylinder head.

Understood, but you should realize that over time having the exact same question asked again and again and again and again starts to get old with some people, and finally instead of answering it yet another time, they just suggest searching to find the 20 places where it's already answered.

Personally, with the old adage "give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime", sometimes I give, sometimes I teach.

The search function here isn't the best, partially hindered by all the abbreviations and misspellings people post. So sometimes it's hard to search out the answer. But other times it's very easy.

But it's not unreasonable to expect someone to do a little due diligence first.

I'm puzzled... If someone asks a question, and you are tired of answering the same question again and again, then why reply at all?

I'm puzzled... If someone asks a question, and you are tired of answering the same question again and again, then why reply at all?

I was speaking more in general to explain why you sometimes see that behavior from various forum members.

Personally, I'm more likely to just give the answer again, and if I do point them towards a search, it's usually with some guidance. Or providing a link to what they're looking for. Were you to browse through my 7K some-odd posts, once you filter out all my shenanigans you'd find I'm actually a pretty helpful person here. And then there's the dozens of PMs I get out of the blue from somebody asking a question, which I always answer to the best of my ability.

But to directly answer your question "why reply at all", sometimes I don't. Once newer members begin to learn, then they begin to answer, and older members let them. As was once the case with me, when I was new.

I'm only nasty when they cop an attitude. And not really all that nasty.

But there's been more than one occasion where I post a light-hearted jab and someone makes a comment about old members being mean to newbies and sending a bad message.
And to follow this up, I feel like I'm a mostly positive and helpful person. So it feels quite odd when people say I'm being abusive to new members.

Latest Posts

Back