• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

had to get something quick as I was running a bit behind....

JvXeKJ.jpg

Nice to see you get Blue Bell in Florida. It's from Brenham - a bump on the map about halfway between here and Houston.
Yep. It is a southern thing. Got hooked on it years ago as a teen in Atlanta. I happily pay the $5 or more for the stuff. I liked that Blue Bell didn't insult my intelligence with the shrinking packages. They just went up on the price.

I've been distracted with some other stuff and haven't gotten around to posting the other Vegas meals. This was lunch the next day (Sat) at a Chinese food restaurant called Zine. Authentic dishes, but not really anything I can't get here.

Marinated jellyfish. I've posted one of these before - with this one, they didn't get the balance of the seasonings quite right:
20140802_131027.jpg

Crab stuffed fried wontons. Very much American-Chinese:
20140802_131032.jpg

Steamed Shanghainese Pork Dumplings. The sauce for them is the is soy sauce-looking stuff in the upper right, though it's got a nice tart flavor:
20140802_132144.jpg

Macau style roasted pork belly, similar to washi's lechon:
20140802_131449.jpg

Poached Chicken with Ginger Sauce. The sauce is the white stuff in the bottom right; it's mostly shredded ginger:
20140802_131456.jpg

Afterwards we went for a gondola ride. Our gondolier was a bit of a nut job. That was a good thing, made it a little more memorable...
20140805_181934.jpg

Marinated jellyfish? Really? Zine is definitely not the Chinese found in the mall, that's for sure.

Back