• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's Ur sports teams?

Orlando Magic
Miami Hurricanes
Manchester United
Miami Dolphins
Dallas Cowboys
Jacksonville Jaguars
And anything with team USA

College football is my main thing. During the season I spend 12 hours non-stop every Saturday watching it, often multiple games at the same time. I'd watch pro too but I had to make a deal with The Wife - she gives me Saturdays and I let her have Sundays... That said:

I used to have a t-shirt that read, "My two favorite teams are UT and whoever's playing a&m."

Texas a&m may have jumped ship to the SEC but the sentiment still applies (and if there's any question, UT = Texas, not Tennessee)

a&m constantly suffers from a major amount of Delusions of Grandeur. It's often quite amusing.

Anyway, though I'm really only passionate about college football, I listen to local sports radio year-round so I usually have some idea of what's going on in the sports world.

Atlanta - Falcons, Braves, Hawks

I'm a college football junkie, too. And perhaps a bit of a traitor - all depends on how you look at it. I grew up a huge Georgia Tech football fan. My dad went to Tech, and we always had season tickets. When I went to college, I went to the University of Georgia. I wanted to study English and not engineering. My freshman year (1990), I continued to visit home on the weekends to see my girlfriend (now ex-wife) and go to Tech games. They just happened to win the national championship that season. I was the least popular kid on campus wearing my GT hat around! I tried to adopt the Bulldogs, but it just doesn't work to be a fan of both rival schools. I am still a big GT fan to this day, though I wish they would find a new coach and get rid of the f*#king high school offense that they run. I miss seeing my team pass the ball from time to time... :idk:

Atlanta - Falcons, Braves, Hawks

I'm a college football junkie, too. And perhaps a bit of a traitor - all depends on how you look at it. I grew up a huge Georgia Tech football fan. My dad went to Tech, and we always had season tickets. When I went to college, I went to the University of Georgia. I wanted to study English and not engineering. My freshman year, I continued to visit home on the weekends to see my girlfriend (now ex-wife) and go to Tech games. They just happened to win the national championship that season. I was the least popular kid on campus wearing my GT hat around! I tried to adopt the Bulldogs, but it just doesn't work to be a fan of both rival schools. I am still a big GT fan to this day, though I wish they would find a new coach and get rid of the f*#king high school offense that they run. I miss seeing my team pass the ball from time to time... :idk:
At least the team is local lol. But that is crazy, a UGA alum liking the Ramblin Rock! I know one girl who went to UF for undergraduate and FSU for graduate school... And she roots for FSU.

I don't know why, I couldn't really get into Georgia Tech (and I grew up not even 2 miles from the place). It is easy being a UGA fan, the road of GT is the one less traveled, for sure.

And I love my Atlanta pro teams as well, despite the constant headaches.

At least the team is local lol. But that is crazy, a UGA alum liking the Ramblin Rock! I know one girl who went to UF for undergraduate and FSU for graduate school... And she roots for FSU.

I don't know why, I couldn't really get into Georgia Tech (and I grew up not even 2 miles from the place). It is easy being a UGA fan, the road of GT is the one less traveled, for sure.

And I love my Atlanta pro teams as well, despite the constant headaches.

Amen! Headaches for sure, man! But that's what will make the payoff even sweeter when we get over the top! Kind of like following the Braves terrible years as a kid to have that 15 year stretch of dominance that jaded many of the younger fans. Maybe only 1 WS win, but how many other teams can say they won 14 straight divisional titles???

I love my Jackets, and there is no turning back now. My dad would do backflips in his grave if I jumped ship! I can't even imagine how hard it was for him to write those tuition checks to UGA when I attended, either - especially after I was accepted at GT. As a kid, the games were awesome to go to even though the teams were seldom any good. Zestos, The Varsity, Manuel's Tavern - great memories that will never be forgotten and hopefully someday passed on to my little girl... :wink:

all Houston teams...

Astros are actually showing a TON of promise with 2 of their biggest prospects panning out in the recent weeks....

Texans are winning 6 games this year :(

Rockets hopefully land either Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo next year :)

Baseball: Oakland Athletics
Football: Seattle Seahawks
Hockey: Buffalo Sabers
College Sports: University of Washington Huskies
MLS Soccer: Seattle Sounders
International Soccer: Manchester City
Basketball: Was a Sonics fan but have not really paid attention to the NBA since they went to OKC.

Back