1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Starchild007

Starchild007 Oakley Beginner

OK guys....I just got my hands on a pair of Mars that were never worn.
    Here is my question- is it better to leave them ALL ORIGINAL meaning, NO changing
    The lenses(I've read what a pain in the arse it is) or would you swap out the lenses for a more desirable color? I do intend to wear them even though they are vintage. Is it best for their value to keep them all original? Any feedback will be appreciated.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Like most vintage desireqble collectibles ... original is best

Luckily the lenses can be swapped in and out if needed ...

If you plan on keeping em, make em so you enjoy em!

Keep all the extras in case you want to sell one day to return to stock appearance!

VolcanOG, thisguy and cyclerdoug like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I feel it's best you get rid of them to someone who will appreciate them more as they were never worn

Buy yourself a wearing pair. ;)

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

It actually depends on what you would like them to be bro... If you like them on how they look on you then no need to change the lenses... If you want to try a different "look" then you can have some of our members here to cut lenses with the different color for you... With regards to value... Do you want to wear them or sell them? If wear them then who cares, go ahead and be proud even if you change the lenses... If you want to sell them, then dont wear them, keep them as it is and preserve the "value"....

cyclerdoug likes this.
  5. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Wear them, change them if you like. They are sunglasses. If it was an original Shelby Cobra don't touch it. I strongly doubt you not changing them and enjoying them for 40 years will result in you paying off your beach house and enjoying your retirement comfortably. They are sunglasses.

;)

Patchie, Pierre Naude and flyer like this.
  6. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Either way, unless you change the finish of the frame they will still be worth more than the original sale price. :cool::smoke:

7. Starchild007

Starchild007 Oakley Beginner

I would definitely keep the original lenses. They would be something I would not wear every day. I have several different Oakes and wear according to my mood. BTW, guys, I am a gal- retired law enforcement.
    Some women collect shoes, I love Oakley!

8. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Did you have to shout the title and bolden one of your posts, @Starchild007?

Hopefully you can make up your mind. I'd just wear it and enjoy it in its original state.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited: 9/21/16
  9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

hmmmmm......why not??? change em bro.

10. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

I would change lenses,keep the original lenses cherry.. but to be honest I hate to wear bi,Ruby, ice, fire, any ways. I love the looks of them thow.