• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WHATTA YA THINK?

Starchild007

Oakley Beginner
OK guys....I just got my hands on a pair of Mars that were never worn.
Here is my question- is it better to leave them ALL ORIGINAL meaning, NO changing
The lenses(I've read what a pain in the arse it is) or would you swap out the lenses for a more desirable color? I do intend to wear them even though they are vintage. Is it best for their value to keep them all original? Any feedback will be appreciated.

OK guys....I just got my hands on a pair of Mars that were never worn.
Here is my question- is it better to leave them ALL ORIGINAL meaning, NO changing
The lenses(I've read what a pain in the arse it is) or would you swap out the lenses for a more desirable color? I do intend to wear them even though they are vintage. Is it best for their value to keep them all original? Any feedback will be appreciated.

It actually depends on what you would like them to be bro... If you like them on how they look on you then no need to change the lenses... If you want to try a different "look" then you can have some of our members here to cut lenses with the different color for you... With regards to value... Do you want to wear them or sell them? If wear them then who cares, go ahead and be proud even if you change the lenses... If you want to sell them, then dont wear them, keep them as it is and preserve the "value"....

Wear them, change them if you like. They are sunglasses. If it was an original Shelby Cobra don't touch it. I strongly doubt you not changing them and enjoying them for 40 years will result in you paying off your beach house and enjoying your retirement comfortably. They are sunglasses.

;)

Did you have to shout the title and bolden one of your posts, @Starchild007?

Hopefully you can make up your mind. I'd just wear it and enjoy it in its original state.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Back