• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Did Your Forum User Name Come From?

Mine says it all. Wife works I stay home with the kids. I actually had a license plate on her car at one point that said SGRMA(sugarmama). Some guys would see it and catch on hooting at her.
Before the kids came along.

Haha... I've been wondering about your username for the past day or two... :laugh:

Mine is a combination of a nickname and letter scramble of my name. I use it for almost everything, and surprisingly most people put an extra S in my name when they retype it- RustSpot.

My name is Ross and every few years up to highschool my nickname would change. It was Rossty at one point, pronounced more like Ross-Tea than Rusty, so I spelled it RosT. The first three letters of my last name are Put, so RostPut was my first thought when making an internet handle years ago, but it didn't flow well, so I swapped the U and O and made Rustpot.

I've been reading your userID as RustSpot for the longest time, till i did a double take while sending you a paypal haha

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised I didn't use what I normally use which is NUBBY55 for login names. (which is clearly understood within a couple of minutes of meeting me) I only have nine fingers and all of them are halves. So instead of high fives mine are more like two and halves

But on to Zombie always had the passion with zombies and probably would be the only one loving it if the apocalypses took place today. I also have the word zombie tattooed on my inner lip. the 55 is just a lucky number

Every custom car I have built, has had a nickname at one point, which usually turns into a custom or "vanity" license plate for that vehicle. "Badness" was from my Turbo Bug. When one of my friends saw it being built, he said to me (in his Jamaican accent) ..."that's going to be the wicked badness when it's done". I ordered the plate the next day. Also...it really does suit my personality :laugh:

What year bug?

And as for the username, It was the name of an E-scow I sailed on for many summers, and I also use the physiological definition as a metaphor for a network broadcast storm...

When I was about 15-16 I was really into CSI, wanted to even be one. One the episode had the ME with the crutches playing air guitar to a song by Skinnerrat who is also an ME in Vegas I think it was. Kinda liked his music so bought his albums and one song that really stood out to me was called Speak For You. Now use that name for everything Xbox, PS3, other forums.

Back