• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

which lens best after Lasik surgery (prizm, polarized, iridium

romeo1

Oakley Beginner
I recently had lasik surgery and need to change my lenses anyways on my romeo's 1. Has anyone else have lasik surgery and if so which lens have you found worked best afterward?
I know for sure I want customs made from original Oakley lenses.

I had Lasik in 2005. My eyes are really light sensitive. I hate polarized lenses.

No I'm not light sensitive, but you are suppose to protect your eyes from the sun light after surgery to prevent dry eyes. (which I am having) And not sure about all of the modern lenses out there. I really haven't worn sun glasses for the pass 16 years and wasn't sure which is better. I would wear them mostly for driving. And no Blondie I have had good luck with the surgery. I went from bi focal to being able to read the small print on a medicine bottle without glasses. They are getting better everyday and they say 6 months is the total healing time.

Any other cons to the surgery?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Relatively safe. I've had a number of friends swear by it.

But there are always risks including loss/changes of vision, especially if you get an infection post op. Whether it could happen spontaneously or not (e.g. may not have been associated with surgery), I'm not 100% sure.

It also doesn't correct "distance" vision either, so you may need "long sighted" glasses later.

Some techniques thin out the cornea excessively (depending on how serious your myopia is), and this increases the risk of corneal rupture in the event of blows to the head e.g. car accident, falls, assault, accidental squash ball to the eye etc.

Personally I use contact lenses which I leave in for 30 days (before changing). I've had a good run with them, with no major issues at all. But I know some people can't tolerate them with dry eyes etc. They work for me. Cost about $0.75/day or less.

The other thing that bothers me (as a doctor) as far as I know, is the fact that there are no long term studies because although it's been around nearly 15-20 years, the techniques keep changing, so there are no long term studies for individual techniques. Just overall observations for different types of procedures.

I guess you could say that is true for the 30 day contact lens use as well. But then, if I do have an issue, I'll just remove them. You can't go back after Lasik.

Probably the "worse of the worse" site to give you, but here you go....
Can You Go Blind From Lasik?

Back