• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

which lens best after Lasik surgery (prizm, polarized, iridium

Thank you for all of this useful information! I was asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been so long, can't remember which year exactly, but I had lasik back around 2001-2003 timeframe.

It was the best money I ever spent on anything.

Before surgery, couldn't see a person's facial features from 6 feet away, but I had no light sensitivity. After surgery, I noticed a little light sensitivity and the haloing at night, but both were minor and they quickly faded into the background to the point it was never an issue for me. I never paid much attention to sunglasses back then, so it was whatever blocked the light enough so I didn't have to squint. Today, the different Oakley lenses all work for me as they're designed and it doesn't seem that the lasik has any impact on my choice of lenses.

Just another data point. YMMV

I use contacts bro, can’t bring myself to get LASIK for fear of going blind or having small issues like @SiRacer420 stated.
I admit I was a little nervous about possibly going blind lol but the small side effects are barely noticeable. I couldn’t take contacts anymore. My ex wife had to put them in for me and I had been wearing them since I was 12.

I admit I was a little nervous about possibly going blind lol but the small side effects are barely noticeable. I couldn’t take contacts anymore. My ex wife had to put them in for me and I had been wearing them since I was 12.

If at one point, I can’t wear contacts anymore then I’ll probably opt for LASIK too. It would be a damn shame (and expensive) to wear only RX Oakleys.

Yeah no doubt. That **** is expensive! When my wife and I first started dating I offered to get her Lasik but she didn’t take me up on it.

For me, it was being able to see properly when active, especially water sports like surfing. I got tired of not being able to see the waves form.

Latest Posts

Back