• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

which lens best after Lasik surgery (prizm, polarized, iridium

I couldn't wear contacts..I went to two different eye doc's and 14 pairs of contacts trying all methods and couldn't get my vision right. I was tired of eye glasses. They seemed to always get in the way of what ever you were doing. The lasik worked great for me.
They can now correct both distance and reading which is called modified mono vision. I see now like I did when I was young. I would recommend it. It does take about 6 months of healing, but you can see allot better the instance you get up from the table and I haven't used eye glasses since that day. I was wearing bi focal for both reading and distance.
Back to sun glasses I guess I'll try the polarized lenses. Just need to protect your eyes from the sun regardless if you have had lasik or not. I wish I would have done more to protect my eyes. Both of my brothers are older then I and they still do not wear glasses.

I couldn't wear contacts..I went to two different eye doc's and 14 pairs of contacts trying all methods and couldn't get my vision right. I was tired of eye glasses. They seemed to always get in the way of what ever you were doing. The lasik worked great for me.
They can now correct both distance and reading which is called modified mono vision. I see now like I did when I was young. I would recommend it. It does take about 6 months of healing, but you can see allot better the instance you get up from the table and I haven't used eye glasses since that day. I was wearing bi focal for both reading and distance.
Back to sun glasses I guess I'll try the polarized lenses. Just need to protect your eyes from the sun regardless if you have had lasik or not. I wish I would have done more to protect my eyes. Both of my brothers are older then I and they still do not wear glasses.

i actually have two different plastic lenses in my eyes. i had cataract surgery on both my eyes and have my right eye for distance and my left one for reading. cataracts were a side effect of cancer treatments i had 10 years ago in my mid 20's. it took a while to get your brain to get used to using the different setup but i have no issues now and it is great. a few weeks after the lens replacements they had to use the laser to clean it up. i don't think choosing a lens would be much different for you with your conditions than it is for me. i have over 30 pairs of Oakley glasses in various lenses. about two thirds of them are polarized but that is my personal preference, both work great. honestly, you can probably go with any lens you want they all are fine for working with eyes with Lasik or lens replacements. i would just recommend getting something with the newer Prizm tech since that is the case. Prizm Black Polarized, Prizm Deep Water Polarized, Prizm Jade Polarized are my favorites to look through at the moment.

also i find it awesome you say you haven't used sunglasses much for the last 16 years, yet you have an R1 frame. lol.

Last edited:
Been an interesting read here as I have a scheduled evaluation later this month.

I'm trying to entertain PRK, as it does without the creation of the flap at the cornea, and therefore a bit more suited for active scenarios. Seems like the main catch is that the recovery is a longer period — and with that isn't just time, but some pain and making sure you don't catch an infection in that longer timeframe. I expect to be out for a bit if I do this because it's my eyes. I'll take that s*** seriously and if push comes to shove with work, well I see where they stand then.

I have the insane fear of this possibly going wrong for me, that I'm willing to travel to get it done by the best within my financial means.

I have the insane fear of this possibly going wrong for me, that I'm willing to travel to get it done by the best within my financial means.
Yeah. No kidding. Having your vision go off by itself is bad enough....let alone choosing a course of action that results in worse vision than when you started with!!!

With any procedure there are RISK's. and researching your doctor is the best thing you can do. The one I choose just so happened to be here locally. He's performed over 700 procedures and has great reviews from his clients. The procedure I had was easy. It took 4 seconds right eye for distance and 11 seconds left eye for reading. I could see clearly immediately after he was finish and was able to drive the next day after my follow up.

As for as having R1's..I used to be a under covered drug agent and I wore these glasses during all my operations. They got damaged during a fight and was knocked off and landed right on the lens. Which resulted in a ding right in the center of the right lens. I had no ideal what these would be worth one day so I tosses them into a drawer and they set there until now. Lucky I keep them I guess.

Damn. I thought for sure you were gonna say you confiscated that R1 from a drug dealer.

No, I was never dirty...I left law enforcement the same as I entered..With my pride, Honesty and integrity

Well I didn’t mean steal it. Narcs confiscate stuff from drug dealers all the time. I thought it would have been pretty cool.

Latest Posts

Back