• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which One Would You Get

Hopefully Splice is correct. With that said, even if they were to produce current styles with a new process (I actually don't think this is what will be happening) some will swear by the original process and materials...I would probably be one of those. Now, as to the frames discontinued that you can't even touch for below MSRP in mint/new condition? All XX models, especially the TIO2 and 24K; all Splice models; all Plate models..there's others I can't think of right now I'm sure. From my observations, any X Metal (with maybe the exception of the Romeo 2) that discontinues so far fetches a good premium over MSRP within a couple years of leaving production. The Juliet is legendary...is the Romeo 1 legendary? Yes it is but for different reasons-many consider the Juliet to be the greatest sunglass ever made and there is NO way I believe that IF its discontinued that within 2 years mint/new models won't fetch over the current MSRP.

I tend to agree with the majority of responses though here that point to the X Metal Ruby as the logical choice of these three. Actually, if it wasn't for the IIP being discontinued, I wouldn't even take a second glance at the Plasma frame..I have it on my IH and that's enough. I think I'll probably snatch an X Metal Ruby Juliet and hunt for a set of IIP lenses popping up at some point to buy by themselves.

I agree ruby x metal Juliets are the strong choice. But I just picked up 2 XS for similar reasons, to stockpile.

Less made and the flex coupler can be self tightened. In 10 years that may be a factor.

We can only hope....
Oakley will never BE what it used to be, it can only hope to regain some of its long lost glory. 2007 was the end of Oakley and the begining of a new Oakley. I will always love Oakley no matter what. They will always be in their own elite level, but they've taken a shot the past few years.

the wise man speaks! i agree with Yoshi on all counts. X-metal ruby is a classic combo, and personally if i didnt already have JulieX, I would get that. The plasma frame i like to stay away from, but the IIP lens i would like to get also if i didnt already have.

Xsquared i dont mind, but its not a classic like the Juliet is. although, i have a XM/Ruby Xsquared that i think is pretty badass. Xmetal is imo the best finish to show off metals in
:thumb: I learn from the master himself.

I agree ruby x metal Juliets are the strong choice. But I just picked up 2 XS for similar reasons, to stockpile.

Less made and the flex coupler can be self tightened. In 10 years that may be a factor.

the flex couplers can NOT be self tightened. the torx screws are for the technicians to open it up more efficiently, instead of having to remove rivets which can accidentally damage the frame. to 'tighten' a loose coupler, the rubber piece inside the nosebridge still has to be replaced, like all other Xmetal models with riveted flex couplers.

the flex couplers can NOT be self tightened. the torx screws are for the technicians to open it up more efficiently, instead of having to remove rivets which can accidentally damage the frame. to 'tighten' a loose coupler, the rubber piece inside the nosebridge still has to be replaced, like all other Xmetal models with riveted flex couplers.
maybe your buddy dg_mods can make couplers for the XS. so collectors away from the HQ can do it themselves.

Good info I did not realize this. Thanks.

Back