1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RexxCastle

RexxCastle Oakley Enthusiast

I'm thinking of doing some fuel cells in the pattern below . The fuel cells I am using are white with the white icons . I was either thinking of sipping it all , icons and all or leaving the icons white against the camo . My fear is that the white icons will look out of place .
    White Icons On Blue Digital Camo? Looking For Feedback - dejysaba.jpg

Last edited: 2/24/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BDHO

BDHO Oakley Beginner

not my first choice ..IMHO, the lightest part of navy digital camo is a light grey, so maybe you want a different tone of blue as an icon, or perhaps a different shade of grey, or even a grey-green color.
    Obviously, if you want real contrast, do the icons in purple, sig pink , or red.
    I think the white might get lost.

3. RexxCastle

I forgot to add the photo , the hydrodip film I'm using actually has white in it

4. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

I kinda agree that white will get lost. I would do your pattern with a satin finish and go with a gloss/metallic Blue Icon.
    The grey would look good too.
    Good luck

Sunglass Shack likes this.
  5. jrd5497

jrd5497 Oakley Enthusiast

I think the white would go great in them, especially if the pattern contains white. I guess it depends on how much you want it to stand out.

thisguy likes this.
  6. BDHO

BDHO Oakley Beginner

also depends on the base coat you use for the camo pattern. Another idea is a yellow which might look nice against the blue and grey pattern.

7. RexxCastle

The base coat that came with my kit is white

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

The icon will stand out no matter what color, because FC icons are so big.

9. Sunglass Shack

Sunglass Shack Oakley Enthusiast

I've worked with graphic design for 16 years and like to think I know a little about color but honestly it all comes down to what you'll like. I personally don't like the idea of those color combos, I think the white will be out of place. I think the white also will take away from the tough look of the Navy camo. I would say gunmetal is safe, or something like getting a shiny blue that somewhat matches the blue in the print would go well. If you can get ahold of the gunmetal us flag icons from the SI version that'd be cool, not the full color flag icons

10. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

It would probably look nice almost like the blue Ichiro radars.