1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

So I was looking at Oakley.com tonight, and I noticed that the new Jupiter Carbon is going to cost 50 dollars more than the JFL. Are you f**king kidding me? I thought this was supposed to be a poor man's JFL, made to be affordable because they used plastic, which is cheaper than aluminum! And they are still selling JFL's right next to them! So they are selling an inferior product next to a superior one, and charging more for the inferior one. This says to me that Oakley thinks we're stupid. Well i'm not stupid. I'm not going to buy their inferior Pit Boss 2, which is a crappy version of a great frame, sold for the same price, and i'm not going to buy their inferior Jupiter Carbon, and neither should you! Phew, i feel better now. P.S. and who the hell do they think they are, getting rid of X Metals?! Or are they going to make an aluminum Mars and sell it for $1000?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Step back, take 10 deep breaths. Count them aloud.

Batwolf and OakleyGuru379 like this.
  3. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

I don't see how the pb2 is inferior. To me they are basically the same frame with different icons. At least the pb2 has unobtainium

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Thank you rustpot, i feel better now.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wooooosaaaaaaaaaaaah......remember your pressure points.

Batwolf and OakleyGuru379 like this.
  6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

Not even close. Trust me, after tearing apart 2 of them recently, there are vast differences outside of the icons. O Matter frame is waaaay lighter, Unobtanium earsox and nosepads, LESS Titanium in them than PB1, completely different mount points, and UGLY ASS icon

7. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

I would be pissed to if I like the Jupiter Factory Lite or the new Pit Boss 2. Glad I haven't taken a liking to them. And not just from 1 person, have I heard the Pit Boss are no where near the $600 price tag.

8. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

I believe you but when I had them on my face I felt no difference. I'm waiting till my bday to treat myself to a pb2, because I find the pb uncomfortable to wear. I'm hoping the unobtainium makes a difference

9. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

They don't create the headache after like an hour of wear like the original...Much more comfortable, but still uglier and NOT ELITE!!

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

this. same can be said for the Jup carbon.... probably more comfy because of less layers of cf, lighter because not alu.... but to justify the price? piss off Lux! ha!