• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Should Replace Shawn White as Oak-Lux's Main "Thing That Is On Everything"?

I think if any music artist was gonna be endorsed Kanye West would be the best since he's always in the spot light.

In the US perhaps.

Considering a good portion of Oakley's business is in the US, they will continue to bring on people known in the larger countries.

That is what I started the thread for though.
If Oakley want to reach more potential markets worldwide, instead of just USA, shouldn't their main endorsee/face have more global appeal?

Possibly but at the same time you don't wanna risk losing customers by having your main athlete be unknown by a lot of people in the US.

Having a poster athlete in each continent wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Also, don’t forget that Shaun White is the occasional skateboarder too! That gives him year round coverage and an even more diverse audience. Love him or hate he’s out there for the long haul. He has Oakley, Stride gum and a Target clothing line just to name a few. And if you’re talking about him, then you know who he is and that’s all that matters, getting to the name out there. It would be very hard to find someone with worldwide appeal that makes everyone happy.

From what I understand there are some players who do use Oakley Visors in the NFL, but due to licensing agreements Oakley cannot brand their products. The visors have no visible markings.

Just some ideas off the top of my head:

-Robert Griffin III for NFL football
-Jeremy Lin for B'ball
-IDK about baseball b/c I never watch it
-Landon Donovan for US soccer
-IDK for other country(s) soccer
-Justin Timberlake for music
-Jeremy Renner for movies

Shaun white should shave his head then they could have the Shaved Shaun signature series finishing it with the release of the Hairbrook since he has enough to make a couple thousand pair

The problem is that whoever Oakley makes as their main poster boy, there will always be SOMEONE who hasn't heard of them. I personally think Lance Armstrong was their best recent athlete and should be getting more attention but since he isn't competing anymore that won't happen.

Actually he is competing. He currently competes as a pro in triathlons, returning to his roots. He has completed two 70.3's this year and slotted to do three more races including the world championships in Kona. They made the very rare Juan Pelota Jawbone (50 pairs to the public) based on his alternative persona on twitter where he posts his triathlon training accomplishments.

I think SW has sustained his lead with Oakley is like most everyone has already stated...who else has the branding? The dude has titles in snowboarding, skate, bmx and honestly he is a marketing train. He has medals in summer and winter sport x-games, he has an Olympic medal, sponsored by some of the biggest brands in marketing in his respective sports. Don't forget the Redbull train. The other thing he has going for him...he stays out of trouble, or at least that the media catches. Now days to many athletes air their drama every chance they get on some form of social media. Oakley gave Sheckler his own line...he hasn't really taken off outside the skate world despite being in the right age group, etc. I think everything else has been stated, there aren't really stand outs that could cross-over to mass apeal today like there was 10 years ago. If they do have that it's because they are a disaster train and people love watching train wrecks, just look at Jersey Shore.

interesting thread.
i dont follow his sport or anything, but i do like the glasses oakley put out for him. HBs being my fav.

Latest Posts

Back