• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Should Replace Shawn White as Oak-Lux's Main "Thing That Is On Everything"?

Loeb's signature Antix might have been a clue. :wink:

There's a Loeb sig series?:blink:

Well, I don't like shield lenses so I don't tend to follow up on those models. Not only that but the Antix doesn't seem to appear on my country's site unless through the search. And even going there only shows the polarized versions and the Fonseca's... o_O

Oakley saw how special and talented this kid was years ago and the relationship has grown from there. Correct me if I'm wrong but bar lance Armstrong I can't think of anyone who has been associated with Oakley as long as SW has so maybe that's why they have invested so much in him.

Here is a question you need to ask yourself. If you all, like me weren't fans of Oakley and somebody asked you who Shawn White was would you know? I bet the majority would say yes... Which is why oakley are so involved in him.

I'm massively into my mountain biking and I know pretty much all the Oakley associated atheletes in this field but if I chucked some named up here I very much doubt alot many of you would know who they are... Where as SHawn White you would.. He is universal.

@Mottles - My answer to your question would be no. Sorry, but as incredible as this clearly must sound, I would not know who Shawn White was if I wasn't so heavily into Oakley. Why would I? I'm not into boarding of any kind, and I'm not from North America.
But that is my point. Oakley should not be putting all their eggs in one basket so much with this guy. They clearly sponsor a lot of athletes, so give someone else a push too.
And/or come up with a true globally known ambassador/endorsee.

Okay so Pastrana's name has popped up a few times... but how about another name in the ring.

Ken Block?

I've seen him compete at various X Games, has featured in a number of video games (Also endorsed by Oakley, such as the DiRT franchise). He's involved in god knows how many 'cool' sports, and I don't know much about his personality but he seems reasonably down to earth.

I'm not a Ken Block fan or anything (Although the guy really knows how to throw about his Fiesta) but he seems like the kind of Ambassador Oakley usually jump on.
Ken Block already has a deal with Spy and has his own signature glasses with them.

Here's my suggestions for replacements for SW.....Not in any particular order

Bart Simpson
Waldo
The Clown from Stephen King's "IT"
Bugs Bunny
Elmo
or any other fictional or non fictional character with or without a pulse!!!
Damn this mentioning of clowns...Pennywise was his name in the film i believe.

Back