1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

I know some or most bought them to collect them but did you have another reason?

I bought my X metals after having issues with O Matter Pairs:

M Frame, the frames kept cracking 1" in from the end, this was the earlier pairs (which I still have 2)

M Frame RX, the Lens Surround cracked in 3 spots, I did get it replaced for $75 with purchase of a new lens script

XX Frame, I believe it distorted and the lens would not stay in place (Oakley warrantied this) too bad the Black Iridium coating is wearing off (RX prescription)

Half jacket, both RX lenses had cracks near the mounting points. They are still functional and are my main RX pair

I love my Oakleys, every pair, but I decided I needed something that would last so I bought my X metal XX in 2005 had to replace the RX prescription once. My XX metal are my favorite pair, although now with my newly acquired Juliet and VR28 BIP lenses it is a tough call.. I wish Oakley would make more lenses for the XX

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Bostonfin

Bostonfin Oakley Beginner

I liked the fact that they are sturdy and they look cool as hell.

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Its so I can hold back the optical energy pulses of radiation my eyes give off when uncovered. Its a cyclops thing, you wouldn't understand. Plus they look damn cool!

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Sickest things out, nothing quite like them. Started with the Juliet, then the Penny, Romeo1, Mars, HalfX...

5. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I bought them because they were unique, and back then somewhat exclusive. A true art piece!

6. good2mod

good2mod Oakley Collector

because of I believe it will last long

7. JamBan

JamBan Oakley Beginner

Never own one before but might be getting one soon. Didn't notice how beautiful it is till a couple of days back when i was browsing some Oakley sunnies...Might be getting the 24K X Square (if i got the xtra cash) or just the X Metal Square...see how it goes!! o,O

8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

And Here we all thought you just wanted to have the BOB face

:biggrin:

It is quite cool to see all the different thoughts everyone had on their purchase reason..

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

and here i thought i was the only one with that problem! haha

10. Mrfancypants

Mrfancypants Oakley Beginner

Wish they made them in white!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.