• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wind Racing Jacket For Motorcycle

Eyeshader

Oakley Expert
Few things, what's the difference between wind jacket, racing jacket, and split with gasket accessory?

Anyone ride with these or wear them? I want to buy for motorcycling, but don't know if it's more geared for pedal cycling

wind jacket is kind of like a sunglass/goggle hybrid that suction cups around your eyes and has a strap on the back to go around the head to keep it on. the racing jacket (formerly the jawbone) is a sunglass that you can remove the lenses very easily from. The split jacket is similar to the racing jacket, but a smaller fit. the gasket part attaches and makes them into a wind jacket-type pair of sunglasses

the wind jacket was basically just a split jacket with the wind jacket accessory. same frame. the new racing jacket is basically the jawbone with new arms.

the older racing jacket is the most badass of them all.. there was a special strap to convert them to water jackets. thats the framr i love most out of all these..

and biking wise, use whtever looks best!

Do the suctions come off easy on the wind jacket?

yeah and also, they arent so much suction cups as they are foam pading. it DOES NOT suction. pretty poor fit unless it was moulded perfect for your head actually.

The Wind Jacket lenses are treated with an anti-fog coating.

good point! but is that the same as hydrophobic? i mean, they didnt really come up with a new name for this and its kinda nondescript mostly, i have a suspicion its just the hydrophobic.. i dunno haha =)

The Wind Jacket Gasket is rubber, and it will cause the glasses to sit off your face a bit more, especially if they don't fit right. The Split Jacket frame is a little small for me, so when I asked the employee at the Vault I was at to try out the gasket the frame sat awkwardly and didn't seal well at all.

The Wind Jacket specific lenses are treated on the inside to be anti-fog, like the XL Blades lenses in the Radars.

good point! but is that the same as hydrophobic? i mean, they didnt really come up with a new name for this and its kinda nondescript mostly, i have a suspicion its just the hydrophobic.. i dunno haha =)

No, the two are different. Hydrophobic will shed water, Anti-fog prevents the moisture from ever occuring.