• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worth Their Weight In Gold........

Congrats on the pick up! I got my 24k Juliet's in today and they look a lot better in person then in the pictures. I love them and my 24k x squared

Wow, you were so critical about these when they were first announced. Maybe i need to have a second look in person.... that is, if i get the chance :tongue:

Wow, you were so critical about these when they were first announced. Maybe i need to have a second look in person.... that is, if i get the chance :tongue:

Hey....I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong. I'm not sure what exactly it is about this piece....it just comes off better in person. I still think I'm going to get "where's the chest hair and gold chain" vibes from some but I think might be more people who just plain out don't like gold in any way shape or form.

Maybe if they released these after the hype from the gold fever that was Shaun White, the Juliets and the XS wouldn't have gotten such a bad rap in the beginning?

I like the 24k Juliets only for the simple fact that they have hammerstems. And just to make clear, i was on the hammerstem bandwagon, before the wagon wheels were invented. :lol:

nice pick up dude. are you wearing it for daily use?

Yes. I don't own pieces I don't wear..but I have 7 pairs in rotation so nothing gets excess use. I actually wore them today for the first time outside (12 hour workdays mean no sun for me)......O.:........M..........G. I thought these looked good in hand, they look like a million bucks on the face. And yes the TIP lenses are PERFECT for this frame color.

I decided to pick up a pair of the 24K Juliets. While they are a nice pair, i still prefer the 24K XX over these. If the 24K Juliets didn't have the hammerstems, i wouldn't have given it a second thought. That and i also applied a 25% discount credit i got when Oakley Warranty couldn't send nose bombs for my XX's.

The number i got is #471/750. Not a number that means anything to me, so that kinda bummed me a bit, but the coolness factor of having a limited pair is definitely there.

I decided to pick up a pair of the 24K Juliets. While they are a nice pair, i still prefer the 24K XX over these. If the 24K Juliets didn't have the hammerstems, i wouldn't have given it a second thought. That and i also applied a 25% discount credit i got when Oakley Warranty couldn't send nose bombs for my XX's.

The number i got is #471/750. Not a number that means anything to me, so that kinda bummed me a bit, but the coolness factor of having a limited pair is definitely there.

well.. if you were a gamer that spells ATI in 1337-speak. as in the GFX card. i dunno how thats relevant to anyhting but its something haha.

Back