• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTB: 90's Positive Red Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for some +Reds that are actually red and not blueish. I had some in the 90's. Lost out on some on the 'bay recently. Anyone got any in at least B+ shape?

Some people reacted to this post.
you know whats weird, the red supremes have red iridium lenses. people say that the 90s red frogs had that too but they had + red. Was there in fact a frog in the 90s that had red iridium lenses or were they all +red? Maybe the supreme label is mismarked and should read +red though.

You have any other +reds cam a side by side comparison would be helpful

i dont have any +red at this moment. were there any other pairs that were marked red iridium and not +red iridium?

im not sure what my lenses are anymore. But i have a pair of red lenses out of a 2nd gen 1990s pair. They don't have the blue tint like +red. Some scratches but nothing major. Let me know if these are the ones you're looking for.

Hey Crailtap any way you could provide us pics so we can get an idea of what normal red looks like?

Username Hidden said:
im not sure what my lenses are anymore. But i have a pair of red lenses out of a 2nd gen 1990s pair. They don't have the blue tint like +red. Some scratches but nothing major. Let me know if these are the ones you're looking for.

I'm willing to bet you've got what I'm looking for. I've got a couple pics on my phone, but can't get to photobucket to upload them right now, b/c I'm at work. I'll post them tonight.

Here's the pics from the ebay pair I missed out on. Still p*ssed at myself for not remembering when it ended. They went for under $60!

photo-4.png

photo3-1.png

photo2-2.png

photo1-1.png

those are the same lenses i have. They came in the clear 2nd gen frame (slight purple tint). I also have the original grey bag for them. You really have to look from certain angles to get those colors from the lenses though.

IMG_1849.jpg

more pics:

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg