1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

If a WTS thread has to have a price then why not a WTB thread?
    It seems to me that for the same reasons that both should have prices.
    I see a lot of threads pop up and I don't even want to reply because I feel that I know the end game- having unrealistic counter offers tossed back.
    Anybody else feel similarly? Shouldn't WTB's have prices too?

OOO and lawman0210 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Gecko

Gecko Oakley Collector Premium Member

Yep

3. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

What about a price range

4. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I have done that with my WTB posts and had a price I was willing to pay....

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

You are an exceptional forum member my friend! :D

6. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

I agree with this cause there are lots of us that might not really know what the current value of something is.

Great idea CarGuy

7. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

so true. although i am thinking that this may start problem with comments saying the OP is outta his mind for the lowball price or what have you. reasonable prices vary for each of us...
    i personally am really confused on the values right now, especially on x metals and zeros, but i do have my personal limit...

8. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

What if someone says WTB: At Fair Market price, and maybe people can help the poster out.

David F, Cargo and Wicked like this.
  9. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

that is cool. but there will need to be multiple posts for the same price range for the price to be deemed fair, right?
    being a pretty old member on the forum, i have seen word wars between members due to the OP being hit by a "your price is too steep" kinda comment. just thinking ahead on this one but it is actually a good idea. many members also do not seem to know when to use the PM. instead, they post unsolicited comments that will bring the mods in to intervene...

10. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

That is true. Nothing more then a fishing game if u ask me. It has its downfalls those as new users may be taken advantage of. I can see a sticky already warning to do your research before posting so you know what a fair offer is. Another issue is enforcing the buying price. One buyer may post he would pay 1,000 for an item thats value is say 500 00 just to spark some responses then back out. It's hard enough to get deals done without the posting of a price first then they get PMs with lower and lower offers. Maybe wtb thread should all be above board and no PM business to keep it honest