• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTF Oakley bad run on Holiday Killswitch

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
So I found a Holiday Fiber Killswitch.
Had to send it back to seller due to the hands being out of phase or sync .
Seller got watched fixed under warrenty

So I find this listed today on the bay
How many screwed up Killswitchs are out there?
Im having doubts about buying one now?

Badkill.jpg

Oakley Kill Switch Titanium Carbon Fiber Rare New Retail $975 Awesome Watch

I have 7 or 8 with no troubles. To fix you will have to remove the case cover, then crown. Take out the movement and move the hands manually until they line up. Be careful not to bend the hands. I have used a plastic screw driver on a few GMT's.

@Oakley-olic is right about the procedure to re-align the hands.

However The cause could be excessive end shake of the hour wheel ( the wheel sticking through the dial that the hour hand is pressed into)
if this is the case simply re-aligning the hands won't last as soon as the hour wheel becomes disengaged from the minute wheel .. Boom back where you started.

Controlling the hour wheel end shake usually requires a "dial washer" or "spring washer" between the hour wheel and dial , keeping the hour wheel engaged with the minute wheel.

Or the hands could simply be loose on the hour wheel and or cannon pinion. Tightening or replacing the hands would solve this.

Pic of dial washer on hour wheel
Image1463706614.216947.jpg

Borrowed from the internets

Sent from my iPhone 5SE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hmmmmm I've got one and have no issues at all. could be just QA did not catch it.

Well It may have happened in shipping . If the box is thrown around .This would explain why it was fine when seller had watch, but was all jacked up when i got it.
or at least thats how I read @shofzr explanation.

@Oakley-olic is right about the procedure to re-align the hands.

However The cause could be excessive end shake of the hour wheel ( the wheel sticking through the dial that the hour hand is pressed into)
if this is the case simply re-aligning the hands won't last as soon as the hour wheel becomes disengaged from the minute wheel .. Boom back where you started.

Controlling the hour wheel end shake usually requires a "dial washer" or "spring washer" between the hour wheel and dial , keeping the hour wheel engaged with the minute wheel.

Or the hands could simply be loose on the hour wheel and or cannon pinion. Tightening or replacing the hands would solve this.

Pic of dial washer on hour wheelView attachment 249726

Borrowed from the internets

Sent from my iPhone 5SE using Tapatalk

Thanks
I will admit. makes me lose a lot of confidence in a watch thats Swiss Made. Not just a Swiss movement
Not sure if I will continue to get another Killswitch or not.

Back