• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal history and days to come *a bit gloomy but inevitable*

They will last for a lifetine.

I use all my frames alternately.

We want romeo 2 and half x rubbers. Preferably black and red to begin with.

A darker shade of the blue rubbers and the option to choose your own color for the complete set of rubbers, for example a complete set of juliet rubbers with red earstems, blue t shox, yellow nosepads and white orbital gasket. Just a thought. :cool-20:

+1 on the R2 and HX rubbers. You make R2 rubbers I buy more R2 lenses. ;)

Barring catastrophic events, I think the metal frames will last a lifetime, and all other pieces are replaceable.

I agree with the many suggestions for different shades of current colors. When you're going for a specific look having too dark or too light of a color can wreck it.

Edit:

On the invention of new sunglasses, after Lux take over Oakley, people said the Carbon Prime GP is way cooler than Badman & Madman (aka new-X Metal). I don't know I never see them.... I just hate their retail price! But it has been reviewed to be a great piece by member Ventruck.

Half-X question: sorry no... extinction mode await them.

Romeo 2: rubber, need more fund. Wait can I do a crowdfunding ?? The mold are just damn expensive, to make them and make a profit takes at least three years... so who are in for funding?

Different rubber color: yes one color is in the making.

Stay tune!

Last edited:
@Ry.1982 : people said the Carbon Prime GP is way cooler than Badman & Madman. I don't know I never see them.... I just hate their retail price!

Half-X question: sorry no... extinction mode await them.

Romeo 2: rubber, need more fund. Wait can I do a crowdfunding ?? The mold are just damn expensive, to make them and make a profit takes at least three years... so who are in for funding?

Different rubber color: yes one color is in the making.

Stay tune!
Watch how many replies you get for crowdfunding. ;)

Notice I'm using the sarcasm font.

up,

Looking back at OP (7 January 2015), this thread is over 2 years old and nothing of significance happened in response to "the day to come of X Metal". As a matter of fact, our collection grows bigger.

Though it would be nice to come back once in a while and do a reality check.

Back