1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jmaxime89

jmaxime89 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi guys ! I just bought a pair of romeo 2.0 from a member here and unfortunately they arrived with the lenses completely thrashed. I have no choice but to change them. I want to have your opinions on which lenses will look good on a X-metal frame or if I should go with the traditionnal black iridium.

The lenses will be those of @qtrain23 's contact

Oh also if you happen to have romeo 2 rubbers I'm a buyer, they came with ducati rubbers.

Thanks everyone !

qtrain23 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. erap

erap Oakley Collector

I always go black iridium for x metal frame but this is just me. Since you mentioned ducati rubbers, i would count ice lens out

3. jmaxime89

Yeah I'm thinking the black iridium route. I also considered the deep red look from xmen but instead I'm just gonna buy a xmetal juliet and throw those in them

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

24k is a solid choice IMO.

5. jmaxime89

24k is my favorite lens of all time ! I'm just not sure how it'll look in a xmetal frame

Hard decisions

6. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I like the combo in my Romeo!
    X-metal Romeo 2.0 Lenses Opinions - 4D3800BB-523F-4D3C-9A57-4B33A1726F6D-25895-000007403FB5138C_zpsc43e91e7.jpg

thisguy likes this.
  7. bernardfonseca

bernardfonseca Oakley Enthusiast

I am on the same boat as you! I purchased a polished romeo 2 off eBay but completely forgot about the scarcity of the lenses. The titanium lenses came completely scratched... I will be sending them to the X-Man to get them tightened but I still need to find a pair of lenses and rubbers. Are any of the aftermarket lenses good for limited use here and there?

8. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

Well In very HONEST opinion... Id definitely would go for the classic X-Metal/ Ruby look. I got custom cut rubys from @salj838 and they turned out perfect! I really like them, but its all about your taste bro.
    X-metal Romeo 2.0 Lenses Opinions - DSC05172_zps2l9ws29s.jpg
    X-metal Romeo 2.0 Lenses Opinions - DSC05167_zpslb8vz1ul.jpg
    X-metal Romeo 2.0 Lenses Opinions - DSC05168_zpsimc6kyj8.jpg

DG85 and salj838 like this.
  9. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Salj did an excellent job on those.

If it's X-Metal, really you have the luxury of using pretty much any lense tint with it coming out on top. If you want the sleeper look, Black on Black. I myself pretty contrast. On my X-Metal frames I use Violet, Ruby, Ice, Emerald as my go to picks for lens transmission and neutral base (except ViP).