• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal XX bridge repair

Gunnie

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys

I've had a pair of X-Metal XX with ice iridium lenses for 10+ years now and have decided to get the floppy nose bridge repaired - but I cant find anyone in the UK to do it.

Has anyone got any suggestions about a trustworthy company!

Alternatively Oakley have offered £340 as a trade in against new kit directly off their web site - is this a good offer given I still have the box, coin, packing - the rubbers all need replacing and I do have the vault semi flexible case.

Cheers for any help

Gunn

Do not take the Oakley trade in offer. There is nothing they have that will come close to what you already have. @THE X-MAN does the best nosebridge repair, but cant remember if he has overseas limitations.

Hi guys

I've had a pair of X-Metal XX with ice iridium lenses for 10+ years now and have decided to get the floppy nose bridge repaired - but I cant find anyone in the UK to do it.

Has anyone got any suggestions about a trustworthy company!

Alternatively Oakley have offered £340 as a trade in against new kit directly off their web site - is this a good offer given I still have the box, coin, packing - the rubbers all need replacing and I do have the vault semi flexible case.

Cheers for any help

Gunn

U.K dude here!

It is a f**king blessing that Oakley Europe has stopped doing nose bridge services as they are beyond bullmud when it comes to sorting them!

I have dealt with @THE X-MAN on a custom project Juliet and he also serviced the bodged nose bridge flex couplers that Oakley incredibly poorly installed on two occasions (They even sent a courier to collect them the second time) and STILL didn't sort the problem.

In short the turnaround time was excellent and craftmanship tip-top.

I'm from the UK and my friend has sent multiple frames over to the x man with great results and service I won't hesitate to send my frames to him once the need arises.