• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- X-Squared's Temple Shox ...

Well, then according to ajirbl, these are legit OEM, ... which I did not doubt I have a set of Ducati rubbers, & they have the bulge & all, like pictured above, but these seemed/looked weird as I was cleaning my XMXS ...

I can confirm they're legit. The XS t-shox are hollow like in your pic; the design is because the XS earstems are thinner than other x-metals and the hollow t-shox allow more flex at the shox than the Romeo/Juliet/Mars/XX shox design would allow, reducing stress on the thinner earstems.

Really, I've only ever seen the hollow design, including on Ducatis. If earlier XS came with the older design, it's news to me. Which doesn't mean they didn't... And the older design does fit in XS.

I can confirm they're legit. The XS t-shox are hollow like in your pic; the design is because the XS earstems are thinner than other x-metals and the hollow t-shox allow more flex at the shox than the Romeo/Juliet/Mars/XX shox design would allow, reducing stress on the thinner earstems.

Really, I've only ever seen the hollow design, including on Ducatis. If earlier XS came with the older design, it's news to me. Which doesn't mean they didn't... And the older design does fit in XS.

Then apparently O made all the Black XS ones "hollow", & the Red's fit both the XS & other X-Metal models - or vice-versa-, therefore, not having to tool-up for so few XS Red "hollow" shox, ... unless someone can show one.

I suppose an early, legit Ducati XS model would show if they made "hollow" Red's, or not.

Trust me, ... this really does not matter at this point. I have no more questions, I know both my Black & Red's are legit, according to the pics folks & I have posted, I guess just this one weird one remains, but certainly is rather useless in nature ...

Then apparently O made all the Black XS ones "hollow", & the Red's fit both the XS & other X-Metal models - or vice-versa-, therefore, not having to tool-up for so few XS Red "hollow" shox, ... unless someone can show one.

I suppose an early, legit Ducati XS model would show if they made "hollow" Red's, or not.

Trust me, ... this really does not matter at this point. I have no more questions, I know both my Black & Red's are legit, according to the pics folks & I have posted, I guess just this one weird one remains, but certainly is rather useless in nature ...

I borrowed this picture from an old thread, but it would seem that the red t-shox do exist in the hollow variety as well...

ducati.jpg

Hmmm, ... I know it is small in the grand scheme of things, ... but it is some of this minutiae, to me, that I find interesting.

I bought one of the red XS rubber kits a while back - probably same as what you bought - and it came with the t-shox that I posted earlier. Could be that someone just pieced together the red XS earsocks with the more standard red t-shox when they put the kits together...

I bought one of the red XS rubber kits a while back - probably same as what you bought - and it came with the t-shox that I posted earlier. Could be that someone just pieced together the red XS earsocks with the more standard red t-shox when they put the kits together...

Could be... I know who you bought them from, a respected forum member. He's selling them on the bay, too. You could always ask him... :D

Back