• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal Juliets -real ?

another question,,, in 2 of the pictures i posted, on the main frame ,the blue little plastic things with the number "2" are they original also?

Those are called temple shocks and no, as Hando said, they look Walleva (an aftermarket brand). OEM temple shocks would have numbers like 15 or 25.

But there's nothing wrong with that - if all he was selling were frames with no lenses or rubbers, $100 is a good price. You can replace lenses and rubbers with OEM from the exchange section here, though temple shocks are harder to find than nose bombs and earsocks (which you can still buy from Oakley for $10). Your total investment would still be below the average price.

Personally I'd just replace the lenses and leave the rubbers as-is.

$100 is a good deal, personally given the condition of the lenses I would assume the nosebridge may be loose.

$100 frame
$60 Tune up
$60 minimum for new lenses

I think I saw those on CL - NC, somewhere like Rockfish maybe??? I actually contemplated driving from Atlanta at that price. Nice find even for frames alone... :grin:

Just a update,,received my box today..quickly opened it,, juilet original eye socks ,temple shocks,nose bits the screwdriver and 2 pairs of juilet lenses.
Eagerly zipped open the hard case,and what do i find..... A pair of flak jackets with a second set of flak jacket lenses.
Already emailed the guy ,, i mean this could be a honest mistake...now just waiting for the reply.

the lens in the frame looks like they were (poorly) cut from vented jawbone lenses. it is possible to cut vented jawbone lenses for juliet without including the vents. sucks he sent flaks instead as well... do update us

Back