• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal SKU's

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
Not sure if this would be the right format for you, but I can create a small stand alone database that you can use (made with Filemaker). It will be good enough to organise everything for you and share if you wanted. Also you could export the info if required.

Have made one for myself.

As @SiRacer420 mentioned, I have started with a searchable database. It still has a long way to go, but I have a number of plans to link together the frame colourways, serial numbers as well as the lens base curves and donors (think the lens cutting donor chart). Biggest problem I have found so far is just how long it takes to make sure the data is accurate and that I have everything loaded as expected. Images are probably going to be the hardest things to get.

Shameless plug, you can check it out here: Oakley DB

Oh I forgot to tell you I've been collecting stock images of the older stuff for use on this. I'll send you a link this evening when I get home. Though it may be a lot of stuff you already have.

As @SiRacer420 mentioned, I have started with a searchable database. It still has a long way to go, but I have a number of plans to link together the frame colourways, serial numbers as well as the lens base curves and donors (think the lens cutting donor chart). Biggest problem I have found so far is just how long it takes to make sure the data is accurate and that I have everything loaded as expected. Images are probably going to be the hardest things to get.

Awesome database. There has been many times I have wanted to refer back to something with nothing but a void.

Extremely helpful! Cannot imagine how much time that took. Thank you for your continued contributions.

I hope you did not interpret my offer as a replacement for your work and @SiRacer420, i don't want to undermine your offering, it was for @dragonvoi personal use so that he could catalogue his stuff.

I think your project is great and in a world without OR is essential.

I hope you did not interpret my offer as a replacement for your work and @SiRacer420, i don't want to undermine your offering, it was for @dragonvoi personal use so that he could catalogue his stuff.

Oh nah man you're good lol

The more people that have this info and the less dependent we are on a single source, the lesser the chances will be that we are unable to identify stuff again should any one source go down.

As for keeping track of collections, I figured more people would be concerned about losing their data after the loss of OR but it doesn't appear so.
How do you keep track of your collection?

Not at all from my side. The way I look at it, this information is so important to the community that losing it has made everyone realise that there can't be a single point of failure again. I'm happy to do my bit and provide a database that people can query, while keeping it all open source and collaborating where I can. I'll happily provide extracts of the data I have loaded in any format to aid others completing theirs.

Awesome database. There has been many times I have wanted to refer back to something with nothing but a void.

Extremely helpful! Cannot imagine how much time that took. Thank you for your continued contributions.

Thanks guys. It's been fun getting it set up, but it would not have been possible but for the work of Dann and the guys over at o-review. Even after being shutdown, the data they collected is invaluable.